New ability to play same faction on both sides

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: New ability to play same faction on both sides

Post by Necromancer »

back in the old days you had to distinguish between teams based on their appearnce. you could even tell what class they were. HUD was minimalistic. Now that huge pulsing bomb/flag (in CTF) icon is killing me. literally.
but i guess the difference in uniforms made it easier for one side to spot the other on certain maps.

seeing the eng with the gas mask always makes me smile. they have no idea how hard it is to just walk around in a gas mask. normal person would be exausted after just 10 mintues of moderate physical effort.
not to mention nerve gases doesn't have to be inhaled. they kill as easily by skin absorbtion/penetration....
just a fun fact..
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Last time experimenting with setting faction crashed certain maps. Be very surprised if they ever get around to addressing that.
Anyone else notice increased lag? It worse than BF3, they hide it a lot better tho by throwing your body several feet in a direction. Also the lag is bad enough, cant counter knife because you're already dead by the time you see you're getting knifed. But with the lag, you do get a lot of times were you both die and get payback bonus points.
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

Speaking of lag...
phpBB [video]

I don't think I've ever played a shooter that was so bad at producing a 1-to-1 correspondence between what a player is seeing/inputting to what is registered by the server. There are just too many instances of trading kills, getting killed behind cover and dumping mags into enemies at close range to get a single kill.

Any former COD fans here? I feel like BF4 made a lot of the same mistakes MW2 did. The developer succumbed to pressures from the publisher and produced a dumbed-down game to appeal to the masses, they put in a bunch of stupid gadgets that they don't know how to balance, the skill gap is drastically reduced and the execution of the launch is absolutely crap.
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt