No gun glitch survey

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Which server have you experienced the no gun bug on?

EU
55%
NA
33%
None
13%

Total votes: 95

Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: No gun glitch survey

Post by Jokerle »

Necromancer wrote:there was a report that the gun glitch was present on bazaar i guess? [...]
and i hope they didn't confuse it with any other 'gun bug' or 3rd vision or revive-can't-turn bugs.
It was me on Bazaar (will upload video). But it was indeed a slightly different version!
I had: crosshair and could throw medpacks! No shooting whatsoever, thought.
The same glitch version did I have on Capsian and Sharqi (I think).
I had this version also in the past, and in the same round I had the 'light version with medpacks and crosshair' and the usually nothing-at-all version.
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Both I and Waxass (same squad) had the gun glitch on the first Bazaar round. After playing a while without guns we dropped and rejoined the server. Everything was fine afterwards.

Were there any other settings tested on the battleday?
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

First round of Bazaar had 150% man down time. It was set to 100%, doesnt mean that was the cure.
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

its not server <---> blaze connectivity. its server bug.
because when you enter a vehicle, like the 2nd seat of a quad bike, you can use your weapons. any weapon.
this means all the gun information is there. just a synchronization problem between server <--> client when out of vehicle.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
TheYonderGod

Post by TheYonderGod »

Jokerle wrote:
Necromancer wrote:there was a report that the gun glitch was present on bazaar i guess? [...]
and i hope they didn't confuse it with any other 'gun bug' or 3rd vision or revive-can't-turn bugs.
It was me on Bazaar (will upload video). But it was indeed a slightly different version!
I had: crosshair and could throw medpacks! No shooting whatsoever, thought.
The same glitch version did I have on Capsian and Sharqi (I think).
I had this version also in the past, and in the same round I had the 'light version with medpacks and crosshair' and the usually nothing-at-all version.
Did you TRY shooting? There is also an invisible gun glitch in which you can shoot and throw med packs but you just can't see your gun.
ImageImage
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

TheYonderGod wrote: Did you TRY shooting? There is also an invisible gun glitch in which you can shoot and throw med packs but you just can't see your gun.
Yes, I tried like crazy to shoot.... I had the glitch with just invisible gun once in the past.
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
kidbagz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by kidbagz »

At one time during the first round of Bazaar only 1 person in my entire squad had a gun. I believe Ghoul had no gun for about 90% of the match.
Image FOR THE MOTHERLAND!
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

I did a fresh install of Win 7 last month for a new motherboard/hard drive and redownload BF3. Havent had an issue (yet) with the no gun glitch.

Heres a "fix" from June 2012, I'm hoping my fresh download/install is the reason I havent had the glitch since. Not holding my breath.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pALhak3tkTk
In the comments from 2 weeks ago someone posted that a re-install didnt work.
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

Ash2Dust wrote:I did a fresh install of Win 7 last month for a new motherboard/hard drive and redownload BF3. Havent had an issue (yet) with the no gun glitch.
I did a fresh install about 3 weeks ago too, had the gun glitch in the first battleday I played after it. :lol:
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

shhh, dont jinx me. I enjoy shooting.
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

Soo, I have been digging in forums...

in the NFO forums it says that server load can increase if too many commands are issued by an admin tool (however, procon should not be doing this according to the procon forums).

We are using procon, right? Starfisher sometimes says his procon is frozen and he needs to restart it.
procon forum wrote:Not properly disconnecting from an RCON connection, with as far as we can tell any RCON tool (i.e. not a Procon issue, DICE issue), can cause servers to crash.
Although they solved this with DICE somehow, maybe there is still something bugged?
Where is procon layer hosted?
Can we set the BF3 server to multi-threaded (NFO server may have that option) ?

Can we have procon logs from the battleday?
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Robawillis
Executive
Executive

Post by Robawillis »

Jokerle wrote:Soo, I have been digging in forums...

in the NFO forums it says that server load can increase if too many commands are issued by an admin tool (however, procon should not be doing this according to the procon forums).

We are using procon, right? Starfisher sometimes says his procon is frozen and he needs to restart it.
procon forum wrote:Not properly disconnecting from an RCON connection, with as far as we can tell any RCON tool (i.e. not a Procon issue, DICE issue), can cause servers to crash.
Although they solved this with DICE somehow, maybe there is still something bugged?
Where is procon layer hosted?
Can we set the BF3 server to multi-threaded (NFO server may have that option) ?

Can we have procon logs from the battleday?
We have already tried not running procon or the procon layer to see if this caused the issue, it did not. Infact if you believe that the RCON connection is at issue then every provider would be at fault since the majority of the web consoles and interfaces probably use that RCON connection.
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

^ok.
Robawillis wrote: Infact if you believe that the RCON connection is at issue then every provider would be at fault since the majority of the web consoles and interfaces probably use that RCON connection.
sure. there were however lots of bug in procon (confirmed by the dev) in the past. Some of them could cause 100% CPU load. Some were caused by bf3 server updates. Many issued were certainly caused by plugins, though.
Procon devs have also blacklisted some layer hoster, because of severe issues.
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Well.... Simply put, the TAs ran a battleday without using Procon and used the gameserver provider's web interface. People were still having the glitch.

Also (according to Procon developers) if a glitch happens because of a rcon program, its not the rcon developers fault. Its Dice's fault for failing to properly implement the rcon commands. Procon has pro-actively in the past disabled/limited rcon commands until Dice got around to fixing their code.

All a rcon program does is issue commands remotely rather than directly from in game. The game server accepts them (or not). If the game server cannot handle that, then that Dice needs to go back to programming school. Rcon does not mod BF3, it cant. So if any Rcon program (Procon uses the same commands as all of the other rcon programs out there) is screwing the server, Dice needs to fix a bug. Procon cant do anything other than disable/limit the Dice published command.
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

Would it be possible to use the battlelog matchmaking feature so we can leave the server unlocked?
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke