TeamSync on GC servers?

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

.Sup
Executive
Executive

Re: TeamSync on GC servers?

Post by .Sup »

I checked the prices and mumble seems to cost half the money we spend for TS (or vent).
bogie

Post by bogie »

.Sup wrote:I checked the prices and mumble seems to cost half the money we spend for TS (or vent).
You should always check for hosters that allow access to the ICE interface(the scripting part of murmur). For example our server plugin needs access to ICE in order to work. The positional audio part however is indeed client side. If you guys want I can host you a mumble server in Germany for free. Hell if someone needs I can even grant limited ssh access.

As per testing, what I would like to know is what kind of setup is prefered with regard to push to talk/voice activation etc. I explained my thoughts here
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

bogie wrote:
.Sup wrote:I checked the prices and mumble seems to cost half the money we spend for TS (or vent).
You should always check for hosters that allow access to the ICE interface(the scripting part of murmur). For example our server plugin needs access to ICE in order to work. The positional audio part however is indeed client side. If you guys want I can host you a mumble server in Germany for free. Hell if someone needs I can even grant limited ssh access.

As per testing, what I would like to know is what kind of setup is prefered with regard to push to talk/voice activation etc. I explained my thoughts here
That's mighty kind of you bogie. Thanks for the info, I have to admit I don't know much about this sort of stuff but was intrigued by your plugin in theory and I think people should give it a chance. It could be one of those things that you ask yourself "how one is able to live without it" after its been tried. I read your post and what you said seems sense to me, I would even go as far and try to test it without PTT within the squad.
Those who are interested in trying this should step forward.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Difference between Mumble and TS. Really would like to know what part of TS is wooden wheels. I'm not a big fan of TS, but it has the Channel Commander and WhisperTo features that fulfills our Inter and Intra army Com needs. Its up and running and everyone has it.

Codec? What codec is Mumble using that TS cant?

Cost? We have a free TS license that costs the same as Mumble. We could dump our Virtual Server, but then we have to re-evaluate Procon and see what level of access we are allowed with the paid Mumble.

3D audio? Cool feature, Dice should have included it along with ingame VOIP. What can we lose? Not much, but as pointed out, we could potentially face mass bans like what happened with ET. Has anyone asked Evenbalance if they possibly would ban for doing this? Saying that you havent been flagged for doing something doesnt mean you have a free pass for the future. If Evenbalance gave their blessing on this plugin, then I can see GC promoting it.

FC tool? Positional mapping of squads. Wish list feature for FC's, Dice should never have taken it out.

I understand the author's desire to get momentum behind this to get this de facto. Cool features are cool.
Each individual is free to download, install, and trust any program/add-ons. Its their computer and their comfort level. We will not turn off PB or stop streaming to PBBans nor allow players with existing bans play. Its up to the players to clear their name. Comments regarding PB or PBBans can be made in a separate thread.
bogie

Post by bogie »

I submitted a ticket to EB.
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

don't count on getting an answer, ever.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!