The latest glitch

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: The latest glitch

Post by Bock »

I wouldn't call head glitching a true glitch. It's just a mechanic of most fps games that bullets come from the top of the player model's head.
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
zorplex
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by zorplex »

elchino7 wrote:Modifing a weapons dmg is obviously a glitch, but if we have to consider EVERYTHING as how might the developers intended to be, we should consider everything as a glitch/bug.
I'm not sure if this is a translation error, but if you are claiming that by my definition all game mechanics are bug/glitches, that's completely false.
elchino7 wrote:Fast revive (fast revive with main??), no cooldown on repair torch, bunny hopping, quick switch on helicopter, running outside of bounds or deploying things outside of bounds, reload and switching weapon before animation ends, 2s invulnerability after respawn, boost on tank making it take out rear reactive, headglitching or good positioning, "secret" or uncommon positions on maps, jumping -invulnerability- over a fence animation (from a guy who is top10 with knife)...

Thing like before are consider game mechanics when they clearly are unintended mechanics. For me, knowledge is power.
I hope you aren't claiming that everything you listed is a bug/glitch. I think it's fairly easy to differentiate intended game mechanics and unintended bugs/glitches. Bug vs glitch is more subjective, but I consider bugs to be inherent problems with the game that occur during normal play while glitches are problems that only occur if the player actively performs a known bug that wouldn't occur during normal play.
  • Fast revive: Glitch
  • No cooldown on repair torch: Game mechanic (I assume you mean when you briefly release the repair torch while repairing to keep it from overheating)
  • Bunny hopping: Game mechanic
  • Quick switch on helicopter: Bug/Glitch
  • Running outside of bounds: Game mechanic
  • Deploying things out of bounds: Bug/Glitch
  • Fast revive: Glitch
  • 2s invul on spawn: Game mechanic
  • Tank sprint reverse hit: Bug
  • Head glitching: Game mechanic (Perhaps a bad game mechanic, but it's obviously by design of the engine)
  • "Secret" or uncommon positions on maps: This depends on how you get to said position. If you are using a spawn beacon or just tricky jumps, that's game mechanics. But if you are bypassing invisible walls or getting into rooms that have invincible walls, it's obvious that the designer either intended you NOT to get to that position (i.e. invisible walls) or didn't plan for players to get to that position (invincible walls). If either of those cases are true, it's safe to assume it's a glitch.
  • Invulnerable while vaulting over walls: Game mechanic (Again, another working as intended part of the engine albeit a possibly bad game mechanic)
I'm not going to call people out for glitch abuse but I still wish they didn't exist/were patched. But in controlled games like in GC, I'm totally against people using glitched map spots. A good example of this is the rubble above C on Epicenter. I always go out of my way to counter people on pub servers that use those types of spots. But in an organized setting, it can completely change the dynamic of maps and, in my opinion, shouldn't be allowed.
Get a free Planetside 2 starter pack! Shameless PS2 recruitment link!
BF3C2-L • Hitcorp • Staff Sergeant ~§~ BF3C3-L • PRIDe • Captain ~§~ BF3C4-L • Gladius • Captain BF3C5-W • Legion of Doom • Captain Image
BF3C6-L • UNSC • PFC ~§~ BF4C1-L • Allies • PRVT ~§~ BF4C2-W • 9th MEU • P2C
BF4C3 • Corleone Family • HCImage
BF4C4 • SAD JANUS • HC
zorplex
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by zorplex »

Well I finally got a chance to try out the glitches.

The Euro shot works but I don't know if I'd ever intentionally use it. It's more likely to just happen when I'm pieing a corner and then find an enemy who's too close to use ADS properly. It's natural to switch to hip fire when the enemy is moving quickly and is in close proximity. It will take some time to learn not to let go of the trigger though since I tend to release and start firing again after releasing ADS.

The ADS lock glitch is OP in some situations. It is incredibly easy to lock the ADS with a knife interrupt and after trying it a few times I can consistently get it in 1-2 bullets. You can reload after locking the ADS so as long as you aren't currently engaged with an enemy it costs you almost nothing to get much better hip fire spread for your next engagement. if you are currently rounding a corner and know the enemy is close to mid range, it's amazing how well the locked ADS works since you keep your fast strafe. It works ok with assault rifle and carbines but is especially good with the magazine fed and PKP LMGs. Pre-firing with ADS is probably still the best way to round corners if the enemy doesn't know you are there but you can still pre-fire with the hip fire ADS lock. If they do know you are there, the faster strafe speed is a definite advantage. If it's 1v1 and you know where the enemy is sitting around a corner, jumping around the corner can almost guarantee the kill as you get perfect ADS spread while staying highly mobile.

I probably won't use the Euro shot but the ADS lock is quite good in certain situations and I'll probably keep trying it out.
Get a free Planetside 2 starter pack! Shameless PS2 recruitment link!
BF3C2-L • Hitcorp • Staff Sergeant ~§~ BF3C3-L • PRIDe • Captain ~§~ BF3C4-L • Gladius • Captain BF3C5-W • Legion of Doom • Captain Image
BF3C6-L • UNSC • PFC ~§~ BF4C1-L • Allies • PRVT ~§~ BF4C2-W • 9th MEU • P2C
BF4C3 • Corleone Family • HCImage
BF4C4 • SAD JANUS • HC
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

zorplex wrote:
elchino7 wrote:Modifing a weapons dmg is obviously a glitch, but if we have to consider EVERYTHING as how might the developers intended to be, we should consider everything as a glitch/bug.
I'm not sure if this is a translation error, but if you are claiming that by my definition all game mechanics are bug/glitches, that's completely false.
What i was trying to say if we have to consider unintended game mechanics as "normal mechanics" or as glitches. I dont think they were willing to make those who jump be moving 10% faster or those who were jumping a fence have their hitbox be feck up (the way to dodge bullets and knife people on Canals)

I should expand on some points:
-Repair torch doesnt overheat (if someone plays PlanetSide2 u will understand), if you dont stop before a certain time it will block itself but the tool doesnt heat in the strict word.
-About the deploying things out of bounds. MAV + EODs which can be lay down on this positions without getting destroy (and they can also be use later if u exit before timer runs out)

PD: i haven´t seen this mention but anyone have use or seen someone using stand-crouch-stand-crouch shooting?
PD2: bunny hopping may be "annoying" but it can´t compare to CS bunny hopping :mrgreen:
PD3: i miss the worm sprint prone thing :lol:

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
Breathing…breathingbreathing