gribble

BF2 1.4 Patch ... DELAYED ... OUT NOW

Post by gribble »

according to a ea spain
http://www.bfes.ea.com/news.read.asp?id=8674

edit by ph1l0r

Exclusive GC Mirror

BF2_Incremental_Patch_1.3_-_1.4.exe 141MB

Remember don't install before todays EUBO and NABO.
Last edited by gribble on Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
tiberian_rebel

Post by tiberian_rebel »

Terribly ironic; the same day I have to go back to school is the same day that EA fecks up their game more. :(
"It is only one who is thoroughly acquainted with the evils of war that can thoroughly understand the profitable way of carrying it on." -Sun Tzu
Daywrecker

Post by Daywrecker »

I know what you mean Tiberian. I start school on the 14th! Damnit, i have to go 4 days a week too. SOB!!!!

See note below..........WL
--- Campaign 6 [SFB] --- --- Campaign 5 [HH] --- --- Campaign 4 [SCUM] ---
Image --------- Image ---------------- Image
--- Campaign 3 [SCUM] --- --- Campaign 2 [EC] ---
Image - Image
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

ha! I only start 8 hour football practices tomorrow and you guys are complaining about school??? ok then I do agree this is bad timing but I would much rather put up with school 4 days a week than 8 hour football practices 5 days a week, missing all of the BO battles until the season is over, and probably not being here for a lot of other main battles cause of saturday games!!

but, that is only 2 weeks of torture, you guys have a long time of school so I imagine it is more torturous for you

-matsif

See note below..........WL
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
uberscooby

Post by uberscooby »

Getting paid to keep fit and kick a ball around sounds good to me, although starting at my level of fitness it wouldnt be a pretty sight. I've got another month still I start college and I cant wait. :) So are we all going to be patched up for next Saturdays game?

Keep it on topic guys! You all know how that works, I know! Give the respect due the thread author by either having something to contribute to the topic at hand or resisting the urge to post a reply.

It's either that or someone has to come along and delete your posts, like we ain't got nuthin better to do, right?

Respects...........Winter :D
Timtif

Post by Timtif »

come on give me the patch.
ea downloader allready isnt allow anymore downloading of any old patches, so something is going on.
=GC= Campaign 3 : RED'S DEVIL BRIGADE 3R*PFC Image 2xBattleServiceR.,BlackOpsR.,SupportM.,SquadUnitCitation,InfantryAssaultM.,LeadershipM.
=GC= Campaign 4 : S.C.U.M Raiders RT*PFC/RA*SSG Image BlackOps
=GC= Campaign 5 : Operation X -> RONIN -> Hogans Heros HD*SGT Image Black Operations,GC Teamplayer Recognision,Squad Unit Citation,Leadership Medal
=GC= Campaign 6 : Stonies's Fearless Bandits SA*SARImage Battle Service,Black Operations,Campaign Winner,2xAir Combat M,The Gold Star,2xSquad Unit Citation
ImageImage Image
CLICK HERE TO BECOME A VOTEABLE MEMBER
Timtif

Post by Timtif »

Levesly
Private

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:49 am Post subject: 1.4 Release Times EU/US/AUS

FOR AMERICANS:

PACIFIC STANDARD TIME (PST)- 10:00 AM (1000)
MOUNTAIN STANDARD TIME (MST) - 11:00 AM (1100)
CENTRAL STANDARD TIME (CST) - 12:00 PM (1200)
EASTERN STANDARD TIME (EST) - 1:00 PM (1300)

ALASKA - - 9:00 AM (0900)
HAWAII - 7:00 AM (0700)

UNITED KINGDOM - 6:00 PM (1800)

AUSTRALIA (AEST) 3:00 AM (AUGUST 16th) (0300)

Not sure if Australia is accurate, but this is what I have. PATCH TO BE RELEASED AUGUST 15

My source: http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fu … p?id=84593

Just gathering info and putting it together - it's all public.

Credit to go to zFeinT on the BF2S Forums. Just thought I should share it with u all
http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=27824
=GC= Campaign 3 : RED'S DEVIL BRIGADE 3R*PFC Image 2xBattleServiceR.,BlackOpsR.,SupportM.,SquadUnitCitation,InfantryAssaultM.,LeadershipM.
=GC= Campaign 4 : S.C.U.M Raiders RT*PFC/RA*SSG Image BlackOps
=GC= Campaign 5 : Operation X -> RONIN -> Hogans Heros HD*SGT Image Black Operations,GC Teamplayer Recognision,Squad Unit Citation,Leadership Medal
=GC= Campaign 6 : Stonies's Fearless Bandits SA*SARImage Battle Service,Black Operations,Campaign Winner,2xAir Combat M,The Gold Star,2xSquad Unit Citation
ImageImage Image
CLICK HERE TO BECOME A VOTEABLE MEMBER
gribble

Post by gribble »

http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=27827
EAUK_Protagonist wrote: Due to some last minute changes the release of the 1.4 patch has been delayed.

We do not anticipate this delay being a lengthy one, however we do not have a fixed date for release at this time.

We will update you as soon as there is further information.

Apologies to those who were expecting the patch today, however in order for this patch to succeed in the way it is intended a little extra time is being taken to ensure it is right.
PinkAss

Post by PinkAss »

PATCH 1.4

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK :P
If anyone feels to try...I didnt try it yet but this link is "cruising" around the clan scene.

http://rapidshare.de/files/29476764/BF2 ... 4.rar.html
Mat-Moo
Executive
Executive

Post by Mat-Moo »

However DO NOT install this before the EUBO and NABO tonight!!!
## # /\/\at-/\/\oo # ## (AKA Mat-d-Rat)
My software
Free reminders by email
gribble

Post by gribble »

I wouldn't recommend to install it at all :-)

rumour is the patch will come out tomorrow
gribble

Post by gribble »

another update ....

http://forums.easports.com/mboards/thre ... dID=101721
Attention Soldiers!

We just got an update from DICE and the 1.4 patch that was scheduled for today has been delayed as the team makes final reviews on the patch. The release date for this patch currently is TBD, but we will update this announcement when we get new information on the patch. Apologies for the lateness of this update. Below is a list of the new content and fixes that will be included in the 1.4 patch.

With the release of the 1.4 patch we have made significant improvements to player and server stability as well as introduced more ranked content for players to enjoy. Along with the many bug fixes we have included the new map “ Road to Jalalabad” which is sponsored by Comcast making this patch is an excellent step forward for the Battlefield Franchise. We would like to thank everyone who helped support the Beta effort. Please take a moment to review the fix list for this patch:

1.4 Patch – New content

· New level: Road to Jalalabaad (Conquest 16-32-64, Singleplayer, Co-op)
· New Server Option: No Vehicles mode

1.4 Patch – Fix List

Front End:

· Front end - Fixed server browser issues with updating info
· Front End - Multiplayer & Co-op - Players on server list can include Bots instead of human players
· Multiplayer Server filter “maps size” will now work
· Fixed an issue in the front end where pressing tab twice in the IP window would cause the cursor to skip to wrong box

Game Server

· Increased server stability
· All levels - Co-op – Fixed a crash after reviving player without a kit- 1st attempt
· Server - Linux 32 Dedicated – Fixed the server crash when trying to rotate maps in Special Forces Co- op Mode (fixed on SUSE only. Still present in Red Hat and Fedora)
· Adjusted the minimum number of players to start the round. The new values for 16, 32 and 64 players are 6, 6 and 8 respectively.
· Unlocks are once available on unranked servers.
· Ranked server have to have unlocks activated.
· Fixed Issue with the local coop server - If Server Host is kicked and banned although they do not actually get kicked, no other players may join the server after that point.
· Fixed a dedicated server crash which was occurring when the user held "CTRL" and "SHIFT" while selecting a map.
· Fixed a crash which would occur when c4 was placed on a flag pole and the server rotated maps.
· Fixed a Vehicle drop crash related bug (missing icon).
· Co-Op bot console commands do not function on local servers.

Client / Gameplay:

· Increased client stability
· Red/Blue nametag bug – Fix to the issue where players would show up with the wrong color name tag
· Introduced a delay from proning to standing to help reduce exploiting
· Adjusted C4 to make throwing more difficult
· Fixed the issue where a red distance marker appears on the ground
· Fixed the issue that caused players arms to become invisible after switching weapons when using throwable items
· Made adjustments to reduce the damage taken by vehicles when driving
· Commander options will no longer available whilst dead.
· Fixed the issue with a spawn point showing up as selected when a player has spawned in during preview round
· Fixed the issue that would cause infantry players to be revived with no kit.
· Fixed several rare graphics crashes.
· Fixed issue with players crashing while clicking "Join Game" in the front end
· Car-Drop: Made adjustments to the car drop feature to help prevent players from exploiting into buildings.
· Fixed an issue tied to projectiles which would sometimes allow tanks to fire two shells, support to fire multiple rounds, and other issues (all maps).
· Fixed bug where after 2 rounds on the same map, the top player stars are awarded to the wrong people in the menu
· Transport Helicopters – Increased the armor of all transport helicopters

- The DICE Battlefield Team
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

Unlocks are once available on unranked servers.
· Ranked server have to have unlocks activated.
Well that should make it easy for us to use unlocks in our tourney mode.
Fixed bug where after 2 rounds on the same map, the top player stars are awarded to the wrong people in the menu
That explains a lot!!!

Is the nametag blue\red bug the same issue described as the nametag hack?

Winter :D
ImageImage
PinkAss

Post by PinkAss »

· Fixed the issue that would cause infantry players to be revived with no kit.
Damn , no more zombies ? :cry:
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Client / Gameplay:
· Transport Helicopters – Increased the armor of all transport helicopters
the return of blackhawk ownage :D
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died