BF2142 gone gold

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

gribble

BF2142 gone gold

Post by gribble »

http://www.battlefield2142.ea.com/battl ... 92206.aspx
Battlefield 2142 Goes Gold!

EA and DICE are pleased to announce that Battlefield 2142 has gone gold. Meaning that after months of internal testing and balancing, the game has been handed over to the quality assurance team for final testing. Congratulations to everyone involved, and a big thank you to everyone involved in the Beta testing.
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Re: BF2142 gone gold

Post by Goggles »

gribble wrote:http://www.battlefield2142.ea.com/battl ... 92206.aspx
EA wrote: Battlefield 2142 Goes Gold!

EA and DICE are pleased to announce that Battlefield 2142 has gone gold. Meaning that after months of internal testing and balancing, the game has been handed over to the quality assurance team for final testing. Congratulations to everyone involved, and a big thank you to everyone involved in the Beta testing.
I thought going "gold" meant it was complete and ready for CD replication (ie: no more testing needed)?

Oh well, I got my preorder so I guess it's a wait-n-see :P Anyone else on preorder?
Hi!
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

Anyone else on preorder?
Nope, in all honesty I can't see myself buying it anytime soon, EA Games are just to much of a hassle, and since 1942, not overly impressive in the innovative sense either.
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

I'll wait for the Demo and decide then. I really wonder if they got the problems fixed from the beta. The sniper and support changes don't sound too promising but we shall see. I bet a first patch will be out before it ships hehe
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
gribble

Post by gribble »

Yeah, this will be the first game of the BF franchise i won't buy (ok, at least in the beginning). Looks to me like a new BFV, which i only played a few hours. So i keep my money for some other nice games coming out soon.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

BF2 went gold over a year and a half ago, its still semi beta. Now that there isnt any news of expansions, we may see one more patch before EA stops supporting it.

So no, I have no plans of buying the beta 2142.