BRUMMIES SUMMARIES:

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

BRUMMIE
Senator
Senator

BRUMMIES SUMMARIES:

Post by BRUMMIE »

Lots and lots of questions. Well here is a summary of what appears to be going on at GC: First, C7 for BF2 is on track with a posted schedule. We have our Generals in place and they are in the process of setting their HC’s. Stonie has the draft in hand and will be making announcements as appropriate over the next short while. Just like last campaign all those that played a part of C6 shall automatically be included. There are some allowances for groups that want to play together. Sushi has the neutrals under control as usual, and Philor is tweaking the campaign system to counter the one major complaint we had, and that is that we don’t repeat maps too often. A preliminary vote has taken place in the votables resulting in the inclusion of the POE2 mod. A secondary vote is taking place to determine its extent, i.e. should it play with vanilla or not, and whether SF should be part of it, and further; should we play with unlocks. To be honest there have been concerns voiced that we don’t have the numbers for a campaign mainly due to the amount of us that are playing 2142. We will forge ahead with the BF2 campaign believing as we do that regardless of the new game GC is still about playing organized battles and at present we do that with BF2. As much as it appears 2142 is popular, most of us realize that it isn’t yet campaign suitable. Due to a very generous offer by bakeratc we will be dropping the New York server and moving to a Miami server that he has set up. It is primarily a 2142 ranked server but can quite adequately host a BF2 ranked as well. We are staying with the Euro server as it has suited our purposes well.

On to 2142; as mentioned bakeratc has financed a 2142 ranked server and has added a number of our members as admins. Philor has tested the Euro server and can run an unranked 2142 server. A campaign system is being developed with the intent to introduce it soon.

The above is a summary of the many conversations that take place on TS daily. Feel free to join in and be heard.
Charger

Post by Charger »

Is it safe to assume that 2142 will in fact be used here at =GC= in the near future? (A "yes" reply will probably be the proverbial nail in the coffin for me to end my 2142 boycott)
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

mmh. near is a relative term but i say: yes ;-) it's fun. surrender to the dark side. it's in you. it's in everyone.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

The upcoming Campaign 7 will be BF2 based.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
tiberian_rebel

Post by tiberian_rebel »

Charger wrote:Is it safe to assume that 2142 will in fact be used here at =GC= in the near future? (A "yes" reply will probably be the proverbial nail in the coffin for me to end my 2142 boycott)
Just surrender. Remember how dead set against it I was? I had the boycott sig and everything. I pre-ordered it. YOU cAn't rEsIst. JoiN uS, cHarGeR. jOin Us.
"It is only one who is thoroughly acquainted with the evils of war that can thoroughly understand the profitable way of carrying it on." -Sun Tzu
Thur
Executive
Executive

Post by Thur »

Lets get back to making our plan fpr C7 work. It is going to take a lot of dedicated officers and troopers to keep the interest going. We all know how great GC battles can be, but it takes everyone working together to make it a reality.
@4|Obshtz.Thur.DAK
5A|HC|Gen|Thur
@6-Oblt.Thur/LW
7R|HC|Gen.Thur
1E|HC|SgXo.Thur
UN|=GC=Thur
S1*TRG.Thur
4P*SGT=GC=Thur
11H.=GC=Thur
CaptLanceUK

Post by CaptLanceUK »

Thur's right! They didn't make him a God for nothing!
..... Hang on a minute......
Give a man a fire and keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire and keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Yob

Post by Yob »

[quote="CaptLanceUK"]Thur's right! They didn't make him a God for nothing!
quote] You're thinking of 'Thor'
'Thur' is still a minor deity. :P
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

Yob wrote:
CaptLanceUK wrote:Thur's right! They didn't make him a God for nothing!

You're thinking of 'Thor'
'Thur' is still a minor deity. :P
I can attest to the rank Thur has been permanently honored with by Ares.....the god of war and it outranks Thor.........the god of thunder by two stars and a staff car driver.

When Thor makes thunder, he asks Thur where and how loud. That ain't no shiate!

Winter :D
ImageImage