Tournament Admins Etc.

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

BRUMMIE
Senator
Senator

Tournament Admins Etc.

Post by BRUMMIE »

Unless you have been in a coma for the last week or so, you may have noticed a group of members that have stepped forward to pick up the reins of Tournament administration. This group includes the following:

Shrapnel
Von_Kreig
Madcow
Goggles
DaGrooved1

Plus the more active Execs.

This group is functioning with the full agreement, acknowledgement and support of the Senate.

They are to be known as TA’s (Tournament Admins) and will be responsible for all aspects of C8, that will include; Campaign System design (reintroduction of the fabled Risk system), Campaign administration (graphics, scorekeeping etc.), Campaign refereeing (rule interpretation and implementation), Pre and Post Campaign tasks (draft, officer corp. etc), and a whole bunch of little stuff that I can’t even think of at the moment, but I hope you get the idea.

They will also serve as Server Admins during Battledays, and will work closely with other Server Admins, such as Ash2dust and Ramrod64 to ensure that the servers are up and configured properly at the time they are required.

To supplement these functions DaGrooved1 has been given full Forum admin access in order to do what is required to implement the above.

A discussion is still going on as to whether TA’s will form the core of the Neutrals so as to avoid any perception of conflicts of interest.

They will be releasing the first draft of the new Risk system sometime shortly, and like I said they have already taken the bull by the horns regarding everything else.

Good Luck guys and I’m sure I speak for most when I say that we are looking forward to what it is you will be bringing us.
Last edited by BRUMMIE on Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

We're doomed! We're doomed!

I mean.. erm.. we'll take good care of you all, honest!
Hi!
Shrapnel
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Shrapnel »

Thanks Brummie.

We're finishing up some details on the risk system now. You can expect to see the final rule set for C8 hopefully sometime next week.
[sig]Broken due to link being older than I am (in internet years at least) and laziness[/sig]
SSnake_Plissken
Location: an obscure body in the S-K system, known to its inhabitants as the planet Earth

Post by SSnake_Plissken »

Awesome news!!

I really feel you guys are the perfect people for the job and I think that C8 will be our best, since I've been with GC, because of it.

You guys have the knowledge, experience and dedication to make a difference.

"A discussion is still going on as to whether TA’s will form the core of the Neutrals so as to avoid any perception of conflicts of interest. "

Besides the potential conflicts, you may also want to consider that as a TA they will most likely be fairly busy (at least a couple of them) for a fair portion of each battle, some of the busier ones might not make effective soldiers and may be monitoring what's going on more than playing which would be unfair to the team they are playing for.
A limited amount of Pirates might be useful and could be told where and when to switch by the TA's.
"The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultraviolence."
Cheesy
Executive
Executive

Post by Cheesy »

They have spiffy new avatars too :wink:
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

I just can't see goggles or VK as an ewok, sorry. but dag, definitely an ewok
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Von_Krieg
Executive
Executive

Post by Von_Krieg »

EWOKs must die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chefcook

Post by Chefcook »

Here is your pistol. YOu know what to do. 8)
ImageImage
Lets Cook and Roll!
Shrapnel
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Shrapnel »

Bah, Ewoks. You could of at least made us Yoda, or Mace Windoo or something.

Ewoks, the 70's Jar Jar.
[sig]Broken due to link being older than I am (in internet years at least) and laziness[/sig]
Stonie
Executive
Executive

Post by Stonie »

Shrapnel wrote:Bah, Ewoks. You could of at least made us Yoda, or Mace Windoo or something.

Ewoks, the 70's Jar Jar.
Cool each TA a different Jedi counsel member.
Ewoks does not represent authority, they are cute do
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

Ha. If you guys can't agree on an image I will find one for you guys. A little one that is at least as ugly as the mr smith the execs have.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

Give them Neo!!!
speed_demon

Post by speed_demon »

Maybe give each one a unique legendary/mythical war hero/unit?

Achilles, Alexander the Great, Genghis Khan, Attila the Hun, Napoleon, Saladin, Hannibal, Charlemagne...etc...

Spartans, Roman Legions, Huns, Vikings, Celtic warriors...
GC BF1942:
5A|2|Pfc|*
6A|M|Capt.
7R|1|Sgt.*

@8-Maj.
GC BF2:
C1: US|SF|Lt.
C2: 3E*PVT
C7: BA*CPL
C8: ]C[Csm
C9: Neutral
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

I assure you, we have had no troubles deciding on an image. VK and I are more than pleased with ours, and the rest of you will be pleased aswell. Is this issue over? No comrad, it has only begun.
Philippx1991

Post by Philippx1991 »

nice nice!! :D
Sounds really good!
=GC=Campaign8:Image

=GC=Campaign3:Image =GC=Campaign4:no bling bling=GC=Campaign5:Image

=GC=Campaign6:Image=GC=Campaign7:Image