Re: ArmA 2

Post by .Sup »

I'm getting myself BF43 tomorrow
Thur
Executive
Executive

Post by Thur »

ArmA2! I think I am going to have to break down and buy it after that review Aus.
@4|Obshtz.Thur.DAK
5A|HC|Gen|Thur
@6-Oblt.Thur/LW
7R|HC|Gen.Thur
1E|HC|SgXo.Thur
UN|=GC=Thur
S1*TRG.Thur
4P*SGT=GC=Thur
11H.=GC=Thur
AusbilderSchmidt
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by AusbilderSchmidt »

In the TG Forum u will find many Information about Arma 2. The Tactical gamers did a own TG Mod (283 MB) after the last Patch 1.04. ( TG Mod Pack Launch Event 8th November 2009 )

Yesterday i was playing first time on a Public Server with 100 Player, and it was ok...no lags....they said to me until 128 Player will be possible to play, but its up to ur CPU how much FPS u will get..
The main thing holding back performance is CPU, memory, bandwidth, and cores.

My system's an oc'd Q6600 @ 3.4GHz, 4 Gigs Ram, 512Mb 4870, and settings are all "normal", with AA to "low", and post-processing disabled.

For example, in a 128 player server I get around 50fps up to 30 players; around 40fps up to 60 players, and from 70 onwards, it drops like a stone, all the way to the 20's.

The graphics on screen haven't increased in at all, as the number of players have, but all the background stuff does.

This just goes to show how it's far more a CPU/platform dependent game, than a GPU one.

I just hope it works on as many cores as you can throw at it.

Seeing as only heavily oc'd i7 systems can play it at decent frame-rates at normal settings, maybe it'll only begin to be playable on high or full quality when 6 and 8 core machines come out... With DDR5 RAM!!

I think it will be only a question of time until the first Communities will start "Big Wars" or Campaigns with Arma 2 and own Mods.
Momently i´m fighting and testing with my Joysticksettings to be a good Chopperpilot :roll:
For the tanks i have check it too, until now i drove only one time A M1 during the bootcamp.
For me i can say, this winterdays will be my Arma 2 days and i have to learning and training many things about it :D
Infantry is also not easy, but i found a nice picture of the default setting in the TG Forum:
[IMG]https:///images/210831/.jpg[/IMG]
C7:CPL C8:MAJ C9:SFC C10:COL C11:TA C13:SGT
BRUMMIE
Senator
Senator

Post by BRUMMIE »

Just got to chopper training in 'boot camp' on the demo. I'm impessed so far. Physics and play seem like Americas Army. Its pushing my computer as well. I have AMD 4800 and Nvidia somthing that is about 2 year old.