BF3

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Total_focus_haz

Re: BF3

Post by Total_focus_haz »

I actually forgot about the month november lol... Sounds good I have got a few people joining they are realising pc games are the way forward..

Cannot wait for the festivities!! Soooooooo excited, if googles were here he would be shrieking!!
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

Hey Haz, good to see you again :D.

As for start date, I would think end of November, early December. Don't want to rush things. Give the TAs plenty of time to organise everything.
Chefcook

Post by Chefcook »

Its time to fire up my "English - whateverlanguagehazisspeaking" Translator again.

Hey Haz!

Good to see you!
Total_focus_haz

Post by Total_focus_haz »

Haha chef... I am usually playing bfbc2 on the weekends but work and the gym keep me busy at nights and yeah the mrs too!!

Be great to start battles again on Saturday's and we can always get skirmish matches booked in to get the people familiar with the times and format!!

I think chef you should get the beerictionary, that translate an word I say lol
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Hey, it's a Haz!
StarLord

Post by StarLord »

Let's start doing skirmish on early november, dont need to start the camp but it will give us valuable info on the game and weapons.
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

I really hope we can get a server up and running at launch, both so we can start recruiting, and so we can start testing. Ideally, I would love to have both a ranked and unranked server, so we don't have to shut down our raked recruiting server just so we can play around with unranked for testing, skirmishes, practice time, etc.
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

WoodenPlank wrote:I really hope we can get a server up and running at launch, both so we can start recruiting, and so we can start testing. Ideally, I would love to have both a ranked and unranked server, so we don't have to shut down our raked recruiting server just so we can play around with unranked for testing, skirmishes, practice time, etc.
Well we already need 2 servers that can be switched to unranked for battledays, 1 in NA, 1 in EU. Would you have us pay for 4 so we can have 2 ranked, 2 unranked. That could get very expensive quickly. Perhaps if we can get enough people donating, but for launch I think 2 would be stretching it.
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

styphon wrote:
WoodenPlank wrote:I really hope we can get a server up and running at launch, both so we can start recruiting, and so we can start testing. Ideally, I would love to have both a ranked and unranked server, so we don't have to shut down our raked recruiting server just so we can play around with unranked for testing, skirmishes, practice time, etc.
Well we already need 2 servers that can be switched to unranked for battledays, 1 in NA, 1 in EU. Would you have us pay for 4 so we can have 2 ranked, 2 unranked. That could get very expensive quickly. Perhaps if we can get enough people donating, but for launch I think 2 would be stretching it.
Yeah, I realize 4 would be stretching it. I hadn't considered that we would have both Euro and NA servers, though. That would cover what I was thinking about, as we could just shut down one of the two for practice/testing, depending on who needed it, and what server was less populated at that time.

Here's another thought, would we be able to have different IP addresses for ranked and unranked modes?
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

No, servers are assigned static IPs.
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

styphon wrote:No, servers are assigned static IPs.
Then we would probably need a way to change server names for ranked/unranked.
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

WoodenPlank wrote:
Why? There will be some sort of identifier in the server browser that tells you whether it's ranked or not, or at least there has been in every other BF game I've played so I would expect on in BF3.
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

styphon wrote:
WoodenPlank wrote:
Why? There will be some sort of identifier in the server browser that tells you whether it's ranked or not, or at least there has been in every other BF game I've played so I would expect on in BF3.
Even with the ranked/unranked flags, changing the server name can help prevent frustration or confusion when non-GC players try to join our server via IP or favorite bookmark.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Or you can use the 25% off coupon trick on Origin: create a new Origin account, set your birth date to two days in the future. Two days later, you get a 25% off coupon and you can use it with your real Origin account to get BF3 for $45
Thur
Executive
Executive

Post by Thur »

Um,,,is that legal??
@4|Obshtz.Thur.DAK
5A|HC|Gen|Thur
@6-Oblt.Thur/LW
7R|HC|Gen.Thur
1E|HC|SgXo.Thur
UN|=GC=Thur