Server seeding

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Server seeding

Post by Ash2Dust »

We have a server that needs more testing and ultimately to recruit more people to GC. More people at GC means more reason to hang out and say hi.

Basically what is needed is for people to say what it takes to routinely show up and populate our EU server (and NA server if NA players speak up).

What does a pub server need to attract more people? OK, I know the pub whore settings that expects no teamwork, even then it still needs seeding... I think it ultimately comes down to what settings do you want that you are willing to routinely show up and play low numbers to seed almost every day until we create a following?

This needs everyone's opinion.
Chefcook

Re: Server seeding

Post by Chefcook »

2 things are vital in my point of view:

Either go Standard or Hardcore all the way. No mixed setting, which kind of confuses. (But friendly fire can be turned on)

second:

Have somebody with "Admin Tools" be there. So maybe we can change map-pool or gamemode on the fly.

Squad Deathmatch was fun Yesterday, but thats not what we want to do at GC.
We need to show new players what its like to play at GC.

So i recommend Conquest Small at the start. If the numbers are there conquest large.
GC players where your TAGS so everybody knows where you belong.
No [GC] only Squads. Leave space for a pubbie to expirience the GC-Playstyle.
Use Ingame Chat to get into Contact.
Try to even Teams.
ImageImage
Lets Cook and Roll!
Ferrit

Post by Ferrit »

Difficult one.

The only way to keep everyone happy would be multiple servers.
Mixed mode rotations the population will rise and fall, CQ and the CQ lovers will be happy roll Rush into the mix and the players that were happy will more than likely jump ship to another CQ server.

Same goes for the setting some don't like hardcore at all where as others don't like normal.

Personally i don't mind either, However i am a fan of the custom servers.

3d spotting off
minimap/audio spotting on
lower health for quicker kills
Health regen off
3p vehicle cam on

so on and so on,

I lean more toward CQ servers then i do Rush, Where as i bet a few of you prefer Rush.

/me *shrugs*
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

We need to conform to the Quickmatch guidelines. While most experienced players will not use it as much, new players WILL use it, and being set up for quickmatch will bring those players to us.

I feel like friendly fire is more of a curse than a blessing on a pub server, as it invites too much chance for griefing.

Having dedicated admins online during peak hours is also pretty darn important. It will help not only to handle map changes, etc, but to handle any potential issues with team balance/stacking(seeing even player counts, but one side vastly outplaying the other can be a big problem) griefers, exploiters, and downright cheaters.

Pick 1-3 basic gameplay rules, and have auto-announcements that cover them, since we no longer have server MOTD. Ex: No uncap camping, no kamikaze jets. Enforce the rules when needed, but nothing overboard. Most players will stop any sort of asshat behavior when asked to do so by an admin.
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!