ImageImage
Lets Cook and Roll!
Von_Krieg
Executive
Executive

Re: Broken Suppressors.

Post by Von_Krieg »

Ferrit wrote:
Chefcook wrote:In Germany the army does (or did, to be more precise).

This sound suppressor was a testbuild, for a Testing-Ground which was located next to a little village.

But i am not sure if this device was ever really used, or scrapped, because it was too expensive.
I can vouch for this, After doing many exercises in Germay (Hohne ranges) we were not allowed to fire before a certain time in the morning and after a certain time at night.

For arguments sake we'll use no live fire between 23:00 and 07:00.

Also just noticed i used to be your neighbour Chef.

Früher habe ich in Osnabrück leben.
We used to fire all night long at Graf, my friend hd some very nice pitcures of the 8 inch guns firing at night. We also used to drive through the night with our SP's and tear up all the roads. Different times for sure.
Ferrit

Post by Ferrit »

We used to get maybe 1 night of firing illum, but special permission had to be sought and we had to be at the farthest firing position from civilisation.

Used to have hundreds of awesome night firing picks from various locations around the world, But lost them with the HDD they were all on :cry:

Do have a couple left on photobucket though.

AS90 ♥

I love this one

Chef,

Had to google translate it, after 6 years or so of not having to speak the language you forget alot.
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Ferrit wrote:We used to get maybe 1 night of firing illum, but special permission had to be sought and we had to be at the farthest firing position from civilisation.

Used to have hundreds of awesome night firing picks from various locations around the world, But lost them with the HDD they were all on :cry:

Do have a couple left on photobucket though.

AS90 ♥

I love this one

Ferrit, I know some folks that would absolutely LOVE that second pic? Permission to share?

Also, more info on that massive arty suppressor...

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009 ... uppressor/

Chef,

Had to google translate it, after 6 years or so of not having to speak the language you forget alot.
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!
Ferrit

Post by Ferrit »

Ferrit, I know some folks that would absolutely LOVE that second pic? Permission to share?

Sure just make sure you save it somewhere else rather than using my link don't fancy one of my emails being spammed about. :D
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Ferrit wrote:

Sure just make sure you save it somewhere else rather than using my link don't fancy one of my emails being spammed about. :D
Nah, I'd have to save it and email it to them anyway. You have a PM incoming.
Evil_Jocey
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Evil_Jocey »

Ferrit wrote:As some of you may or may not know, Some of the weapons in BF3 still reveal your location on the minimap with a suppressor fitted.

Found a post on EAUK that had a list thought i'd share incase some of you don't forum whore so much..

Assault M16A3 Supp.
Assault M16A4 Supp.
Engineer A-91 Supp.
Engineer M4A1 Supp.
Engineer M4 Supp.
Engineer SCAR-H Supp.
Engineer SG553 Supp.
Engineer G36c Supp.
Support M27 IAR Supp.
Support RPK-74M Supp.
Support M240B Supp.
Support M60E4 Supp.
Support TYPE 88 LMG Supp.
All Weapons PP-2000 Supp.
All Weapons UMP-45 Supp.
All Weapons MP7
All Weapons PDW-R Supp.
All Weapons AS VAL Supp.

A fair few broke...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv? ... erpage=250
Is this still up to date?
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

I think it got fixed in the patch.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
bigdcowboys22
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by bigdcowboys22 »

It is amazing how people who move next to military bases then complain about the noise said military base makes. A guy just built a house next to one of our annexes that's right next to base. This annex is called the "Explosive Experimental Area." He calls the base weekly to complain about "all the loud noises." k:%) All I can say is he should have lived there before we stopped testing the 16in guns. A puny little howitzer is silent compared to those things firing.
Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan.

Leadership is getting someone to do what they don't want to do, to achieve what they want to achieve.
bitesizebeef

Post by bitesizebeef »

how are you gonna complain about the noise? I used to sleep through rockets and howitzers all the time
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

bigdcowboys22 wrote:It is amazing how people who move next to military bases then complain about the noise said military base makes. A guy just built a house next to one of our annexes that's right next to base. This annex is called the "Explosive Experimental Area." He calls the base weekly to complain about "all the loud noises." k:%) All I can say is he should have lived there before we stopped testing the 16in guns. A puny little howitzer is silent compared to those things firing.

A few years ago, they dropped a MOAB a few (dozen) miles from where I live... 8O
bitesizebeef

Post by bitesizebeef »

WoodenPlank wrote:
bigdcowboys22 wrote:It is amazing how people who move next to military bases then complain about the noise said military base makes. A guy just built a house next to one of our annexes that's right next to base. This annex is called the "Explosive Experimental Area." He calls the base weekly to complain about "all the loud noises." k:%) All I can say is he should have lived there before we stopped testing the 16in guns. A puny little howitzer is silent compared to those things firing.

A few years ago, they dropped a MOAB a few (dozen) miles from where I live... 8O
thats really awesome iv always wanted to see one of those in action
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

bitesizebeef wrote:
WoodenPlank wrote:

thats really awesome iv always wanted to see one of those in action
I think it was the second (and last) live Drop-ex they ever did with them.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMk9J8qAweA[/youtube]

observation plane footage...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ea-DinsBJQ[/youtube]
AConfidentTurtle

Post by AConfidentTurtle »

Hitman47 wrote:I think it got fixed in the patch.
Shouldn't we test it to make sure?
Evil_Jocey
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Evil_Jocey »

AConfidentTurtle wrote:
Hitman47 wrote:I think it got fixed in the patch.
Shouldn't we test it to make sure?
Definitely. When we are at it we can test if Reactive Armor resets when the Perkholder exits and reenters the vehicle.