Question: Best BF3 server ever?

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Question: Best BF3 server ever?

Post by Ash2Dust »

I'm always looking for the most bestest lag free server to play on. Thought I'd start a thread were we can post servers we feel are the best. I've seen discussions of different BF3 providers. A couple names that keep coming up are NFO servers overall and Killer Creations (in UK).
Alot of factors can affect lag and gameplay including what Dice/EA are doing each time they tweak their software, along with Karkand adding lag, and each person's internet hops. Then of course every data center is different.
Interestingly I've seen some people post about getting stopped on the littlest thing with laggy servers. I thought it was just me. Sometimes I'll be running along, and then I wont be moving forward anymore and need to press the W key again.

If you have a favorite server that runs like butter with 64 players, post it here so I can check it out.
julafreak

Re: Question: Best BF3 server ever?

Post by julafreak »

was on this =BBF= 24/7 Metro | www.brothersofbattlefield.com ealier. it's so frustrating how I keep experiencing blast to the pasts. =D
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

The guys over at Up All Night [UAN] run some good servers. They have an all B2K map rotation 64p, 24/7 Karkand only 64p, and a 24/7 Metro 32p. The admins are usually on most evenings, and are some fun guys to play BF3 with. Some of the UAN guys are also interested in joining us for the campaign.
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Candy's infantry, Hamburger Helden
Chefcook

Post by Chefcook »

Global-conflict.org is very smooth running, but unfortunatly its on Squad Deathmatch most of the time... ;)
ImageImage
Lets Cook and Roll!
Total_focus_haz

Post by Total_focus_haz »

That one Matty and I have played is good dirty heroes 64 player on the big maps have been lag free
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

GC has a new London(?) EU server up. Give it a spin before or during battleday. Leave feedback good or bad.

Also PB has updated. Too avoid laggy updates while playing BF3. You can always manually update PB before joining a server.

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

I really wish the GC NA server wasn't stuck on SDM so often. The rare times it actually starts to fill up, nobody is online to set it to Conquest.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

As seen again, putting the server on large Conquest does not fill it. It keeps it empty. Unless 8+ GCers are willing to actively play for several rounds.

I'll leave it on CQ for the next 2 days in addition to today and see how many times it fills. Last time I tried that at Zait's suggestion, the result was zero.
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Ash2Dust wrote:As seen again, putting the server on large Conquest does not fill it. It keeps it empty. Unless 8+ GCers are willing to actively play for several rounds.

I'll leave it on CQ for the next 2 days in addition to today and see how many times it fills. Last time I tried that at Zait's suggestion, the result was zero.

Then, to me, the answer is getting more GC players online in the evenings. Plenty of times I log in to see people playing on non-GC servers, and the GC servers sit empty.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

The simplest answer is to get more online GC platoon members on our server. Then a server can easily be fully populated.

Speaking of the GC Platoon, I think theres a few that have never played on our servers ever.