BF3 patch notes

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Zaitsev Jr.

Re: BF3 patch notes

Post by Zaitsev Jr. »

Chemical2 wrote: -The IGLA and Stinger now lock on much more quickly and disable an attack aircraft in 1 hit, but have significantly reduced range.
-Below Radar will now also prevent the lock on of Stinger and IGLA missiles.
To me, that sounds like throwing a C4 packet onto a low level passing jet will prove more successful than using the stinger k:shock: lol
I am only responsible for what i write,
not what you understand.
C9:ImageC10:ImageC13:Image
KenBF3
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KenBF3 »

We all need to read this - here are some of the other things that I picked up from it.

-Fixed a problem when locking on to two nearby targets, the locking should no longer jump rapidly between multiple targets. This applies to all locking weapons and Laser Designators. -- We may have to adjust our strats because of this.

-Increased the damage mounted gunner .50cal HMGs do at long range. -Increased the rate of fire and minimum damage of the Coax HMG This could be very damaging to your opponent.

-The IGLA and Stinger now lock on much more quickly and disable an attack aircraft in 1 hit, but have significantly reduced range. This should allow Stingers to mount an effective close range point defense, without dominating an entire airspace. Could mean we don't need to count on the SOFLAM as much.

-Reduced the damage AA guns (both mobile and stationary) do to infantry. OH - this will change my thinking.

As stated above there are many more changes - this could make BF3 a new game.
bigdcowboys22
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by bigdcowboys22 »

Yikes! I'm going to have to relearn the game!
Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan.

Leadership is getting someone to do what they don't want to do, to achieve what they want to achieve.
AConfidentTurtle

Post by AConfidentTurtle »

lol flares.

-The M224 Mortar can no longer be deployed in an area that is out of combat for another team like a home base or other protected spawn.

One sided games are about to get a lot more one sided. You know, the ones where one team has the other backed up to their spawn - you can now mortar into it but can't anti-mortar out of it.

-C4 will no longer be detonable after a player respawns.

That's an important one.

In other news, PDW's get more accurate, ammobags last forever, flash suppressors are still useless, tank-on-tank wars become more hardcore and tanks get an overall buff.
fittyman

Post by fittyman »

Flash suppressors reduce recoil by 50%.....
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

fittyman wrote:Flash suppressors reduce recoil by 50%.....
I think you mean flash suppressor recoil reduced by 50% no?
fittyman

Post by fittyman »

.Sup wrote:
fittyman wrote:Flash suppressors reduce recoil by 50%.....
I think you mean flash suppressor recoil reduced by 50% no?
No. What I said was wrong.

"The Flash Suppressor now also works as a recoil compensator, reducing the Vertical Recoil by a weapon specific value. This bonus is larger than the bonus provided by the Suppressor. " - That's what I was trying to say

It reduces recoil better than the suppressor. You lose the silence though.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Maybe they want to encourage the use of flash suppressors.
FlashofSilver

Post by FlashofSilver »

Chemical2 wrote:
FlashofSilver wrote:
-Flares will no longer break the lock of a vehicle that is locked on, it will only distract the missiles.
You guys missed this, it's actually a big nerf for flares - you can wait for them to flare and immediately refire without having to lock on again.

Click on the link in the op thats the full list
And not totally nerfed cause
- Disabled vehicles now have an increased reverse speed to help escape to cover after being disabled.
-The IGLA and Stinger now lock on much more quickly and disable an attack aircraft in 1 hit, but have significantly reduced range. This should allow Stingers to mount an effective close range point defense, without dominating an entire airspace.
-Below Radar will now also prevent the lock on of Stinger and IGLA missiles.
Notice how it says "vehicles". Stingers and IGLAs do not count as vehicles, although they too have been buffed hard this patch. Then again, nobody really expects kills from handheld AGMs unless the pilot is really not paying attention. They're more for harassment or deterrence.
BYN124

Post by BYN124 »

-The Mi28 has received upgrades to its climbing and yawing abilities.
-Slightly increased the damage of Attack Helicopter's Rocket Pods vs Infantry and other Helicopters.

OOOHH YEHH! Hopefully the Havoc wont be a flying bathtub anymore! And helipilots should be able to strafe on infantry more effectively! :twisted:

-Dying from the explosion of a car or other explosive static object should now correctly credit the player who caused the explosion.

Sweet! Chain reactions!! :mrgreen:

-Fixed several bugs with air vehicles colliding with objects at high speeds and taking no damage.

No more lucky tree hit escapes :(

-You can now spot with the EOD bot.

Great for some tactics
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Seems to me the addition of flares spoofing laser guided missiles was because DiCE couldn't come up with a way to kep the SOFLAM/Javelin combo from working on air... :roll:

Screwy game is going to get even screwier after this patch.
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

DIce, should pay us a consulting fee. We brought alot of this up as an issue and discussed resolutions and what the masses blindly want. Its an EA game, BF4 will be way better for even more money with 3 DLC's to determined included and it will definitely have a strong beta feel for a year or two.
Obie

Post by Obie »

Is it true that this patch broke suppressors for various guns like the M16A3 and it once again shows up on the minimap?
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Obie wrote:Is it true that this patch broke suppressors for various guns like the M16A3 and it once again shows up on the minimap?
Considering the patch isn't out yet, and there is no ETA for it, I'd say it's a bit soon to know. :lol:
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!
Obie

Post by Obie »

WoodenPlank wrote:
Obie wrote:Is it true that this patch broke suppressors for various guns like the M16A3 and it once again shows up on the minimap?
Considering the patch isn't out yet, and there is no ETA for it, I'd say it's a bit soon to know. :lol:
Gah clearly I've been fooled. Doh! XD