Single Draft!!!!

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Chefcook

Single Draft!!!!

Post by Chefcook »

Many of you newer guys may feel the need to play with your friends, you just made during the last campaign. You build some great comrades. Found some friends. Adjusted your own playstyle, so you fit into "your" group!

But the fun and essence of GC is, that we ALL are friends and Teammates here.

Joining the Single-Draft will give all of you the opportunity to expirience the Teambuilding process again.
You will get to know new players. Make new friends. Adjust your playstyle even more and overall have MORE FUN!

I want you all (really ALL) join the single draft, without setting a preference who to play with.
You will help yourself and help GC as a community to grow even stronger!

If you support the Single-Draft, feel free to add your thoughts below.

Chef
ImageImage
Lets Cook and Roll!
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Re: Single Draft!!!!

Post by .Sup »

The only group formed will be me and Chef other than that no exceptions k:Yahoo!:
FlashofSilver

Post by FlashofSilver »

I wholeheartedly agree with Chef here. Part of what makes GC fun is PTFOing with awesome people you haven't played with before.
bigdcowboys22
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by bigdcowboys22 »

100% agree. And to be perfectly honest I'm really looking forward to knifing some of the people I played with in C2 so that I can talk crap at the end of the day :twisted:
Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan.

Leadership is getting someone to do what they don't want to do, to achieve what they want to achieve.
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

+1, you nailed it Chef!
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

Definitely the way forward for every campaign. The more people you get to play with, the more people you get to know better here at GC.
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

I approve this message. 8)
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
KenBF3
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KenBF3 »

SINGLE DRAFT ONLY I think even clans should be subject to this. Correct me if I am wrong but, aren't we here to have fun, not import large groups so they can dominate the battleday? It is my understanding that those in charge spend copious amounts of time and effort to make sure that the teams are BALANCED. If we assign large groups to one side doesn't that defeat the purpose of this?
And what Chefcook said.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

bigdcowboys22 wrote:100% agree. And to be perfectly honest I'm really looking forward to knifing some of the people I played with in C2 so that I can talk crap at the end of the day :twisted:
Your tags will be mine... :twisted:
Image[/url]
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

regarding groups: if you came to GC as a group and cannot play and have fun without your group members then you can sign up as a group.

A prime example of a group of members who prioritize community before personal pleasure are the section8 guys. They play in different divisions or opposite sides because its better that way for the community and overall balance of teams.
bigdcowboys22
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by bigdcowboys22 »

haruky8 wrote:
bigdcowboys22 wrote:100% agree. And to be perfectly honest I'm really looking forward to knifing some of the people I played with in C2 so that I can talk crap at the end of the day :twisted:
Your tags will be mine... :twisted:

k:ROFL: k:ROFL: k:ROFL: You...
Knife me....
k:ROFL: k:ROFL: k:ROFL:

Rest assured there will be a price on your head k:evil:
Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan.

Leadership is getting someone to do what they don't want to do, to achieve what they want to achieve.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

guys, I've been around since C3 of bf2, and not once have I been a part of a "group" other than being drafted early as an officer. the single draft is what makes GC work, you make new friends that were enemies of the campaign before.

go chef!
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Yob

Post by Yob »

Singles FTW! Knife Knife Knife :twisted:
If you don't ask, the answer is, "No."
My Campaign ribbons are around here somewhere!
TacticalVirus
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by TacticalVirus »

It's all well and good, but some of us couldn't in good conscience play on opposite sides. For example, Duntawk and I playing on opposite sides would be down right wrong since our computers are about six feet away from eachother separated by a single wall. I'd already know roughly what was going on with whatever squad he was in, and if he was in the opposite army, that wouldn't be fair. I know there are others out there in similar circumstances. As much as we might like taking our friends' tags, sometimes it's better if we're not put in that position.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

TacticalVirus wrote:It's all well and good, but some of us couldn't in good conscience play on opposite sides. For example, Duntawk and I playing on opposite sides would be down right wrong since our computers are about six feet away from eachother separated by a single wall. I'd already know roughly what was going on with whatever squad he was in, and if he was in the opposite army, that wouldn't be fair. I know there are others out there in similar circumstances. As much as we might like taking our friends' tags, sometimes it's better if we're not put in that position.
In situations like this, we will allow people to sign up in groups. What we DON'T want are groups of people that are not in these kinds of exigent circumstances signing up together en masse.
Image[/url]