On, 3D spotting should be on
38%
Off, 3D spotting should be off
63%

Total votes: 80

ICallIDTheft

Re: Vote 3D spotting On or Off

Post by ICallIDTheft »

styphon wrote:This isn't a DARK/PRIDe/Air/Armour/Infantry issue. It's a GC one.
Well obviously it hits each division differently and the air is the one that usually relies on 3D spotting the most so I just wanted to say that not every pilot is opposed to it being off. I just meant that we haven't been as vocal about it but you shouldn't forget about us.
bigdcowboys22
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by bigdcowboys22 »

This. Opinions of everyone in this thread are their own opinions. DARK as an entire army does not have a dog in this fight.

And multiple air people from both armies have declared that they'd be OK with 3d spotting off, the issue comes with the worry that a combination of indestructible and invisible soflams and mobile AA will make battledays less fun for a portion of our population.
Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan.

Leadership is getting someone to do what they don't want to do, to achieve what they want to achieve.
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

bigdcowboys22 wrote:
This. Opinions of everyone in this thread are their own opinions. DARK as an entire army does not have a dog in this fight.

And multiple air people from both armies have declared that they'd be OK with 3d spotting off, the issue comes with the worry that a combination of indestructible and invisible soflams and mobile AA will make battledays less fun for a portion of our population.
Of course the majority wants it off! It makes the game better. But when something that already is OP with 3D spotting on, gets pretty much invisible, it's something that i expect we're gonna deal with. One example was the M26 Dart, which we made not allowed to use until it was patched. The Mobile AA right now is designed for 64 player pubbies, with 3D spotting on, which kinda make it balanced. But in a 64 player "competitive" match, without 3D-spotting, makes it unbalanced.
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

So maybe we should split the discussion about the AA off from the discussion of 3D spotting. If the AA is unbalanced, the generals can hash out if they want to allow/disallow it like they did the M26 Dart.
ImageImageImage
a432

Post by a432 »

I as a jet pilot have no problems with 3d off and prefer it that way. I have plenty of fun without 3d spotting off and enjoy the difficulties trying to take out ground targets. It brings much more satisfaction killing just one tank with a double jet attack than it does killing 10 of them sniping them at long range with 3d ever did. The mobile AA with or without 3d is a non factor. You should know where it is at most times due to good communication within your army. If you are constantly saying "where the hell is that AA?!" then your army's communication and teamwork is sub-par. The AA is powerful and it should be. It creates a zone of safety over the map for your own pilots and an area of no-fly zone for the enemy. The AA is just another challenge to be overcome, diverted, pacified, or bypassed. I for one enjoy challenges.
Róka

Post by Róka »

a432 wrote:The AA is powerful and it should be. It creates a zone of safety over the map for your own pilots and an area of no-fly zone for the enemy.
What about when the "zone of safety" is the entire map?...
Look, I won't care if it does end up going OFF because it seems no one can make up a concrete decision, and I understand communication could be better, especially about the AA.
ImageImage
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

Róka wrote:
a432 wrote:The AA is powerful and it should be. It creates a zone of safety over the map for your own pilots and an area of no-fly zone for the enemy.
What about when the "zone of safety" is the entire map?...
Look, I won't care if it does end up going OFF because it seems no one can make up a concrete decision, and I understand communication could be better, especially about the AA.
As the mobile AA driver, 90% of the time, if it's close enough to reach the entire map and actually be effective then it's well within range of being destroyed by your team.
TacticalVirus
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by TacticalVirus »

A432, you realize I was quoting you from Campaign 2 right? That was with 3D spotting on even. I also do not like the insinuation that this is a DARK vs PRIDe issue. I'm leading DARK's armour and haven't had an issue with 3D spotting off, I was originally even a proponent of it being off, and the first few battles reinforced that desire.

However, I did my due diligence as an officer and came to the conclusion that resulted in my post. Not going to rehash it, especially since there have been some ideas floated recently that the Generals will discuss. We'll see how it goes, but for the love of god, do not simply dismiss constructive discussion because you don't like it.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

30 on
50 off

Thank you for keeping it semi contained.
Thread locked.