Can somebody who understand German read into this thing?

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Snow1Wolf

Can somebody who understand German read into this thing?

Post by Snow1Wolf »

http://extreme.pcgameshardware.de/battl ... nload.html

It seems like version 1.4 look amazing, except what am I suppose to do?
For CAFFEINE!!!!!
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Can somebody who understand German read into this thing?

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

Alle dateien einfach in den BF3 ordner kopieren...(vorher, aber die dateien vom FXAA Injector entfernen, falls vorhanden!!)
Copy all files into the BF3 folder after you removed existing FXAA injector files.
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

I don't get it what that thing does. Makes weather look sunny instead rainy?
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Hitman47 wrote:I don't get it what that thing does. Makes weather look sunny instead rainy?
"FXAA stands for Fast Approximate Anti-Aliasing. It does exactly what it sounds like. It is a higher-performance approximation of the effects of traditional Multi-Sampling Anti-Aliasing. It is a single-pass pixel shader which runs in the post-processing stage of the target game’s rendering pipeline. It is designed to be faster, and have a smaller memory footprint, than traditional MSAA, but with some compromises in precision and quality."
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/07/ ... technology

There are a number of injectors out there for BF3 which in principle should replace the in-game one. They also allow you to modify additional graphical related settings such as color, gamma, saturation and more.
Snow1Wolf

Post by Snow1Wolf »

Thanks guys, and um, so I just replace the files and that's it, there are no dangers to it right?
What happen when there is a patch what should I do then?
For CAFFEINE!!!!!
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

Snow1Wolf wrote:there are no dangers to it right?
When messing around with things like this there are never 'no dangers'.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
fawadforlan

Post by fawadforlan »

I'm using a color filter for a pretty long time now, the colors look way better with it. When I'm home again I'll see if I can find which FXAA injector I used, if someone is interested.

I heard some stories that you can get banned from a server where punkbuster is enabled when you're using a FXAA injector, but till now that never happend to me. And as far as I know, there can't go anything wrong. If you don't like the new color filter you can simply modify or delete the files.
Battlefield 3
Campaign 2 - Staff Sergeant
Campaign 3 - Captain
Campaign 4 - Private
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

fawadforlan wrote:I'm using a color filter for a pretty long time now, the colors look way better with it. When I'm home again I'll see if I can find which FXAA injector I used, if someone is interested.

I heard some stories that you can get banned from a server where punkbuster is enabled when you're using a FXAA injector, but till now that never happend to me. And as far as I know, there can't go anything wrong. If you don't like the new color filter you can simply modify or delete the files.
I use the same one the person who got banned uses and have never been banned. In fact if you do enough research you find the person who got banned and spread the story about how it was the FXAA is actually a known hacker. So them getting banned was more likely the fact that they are hacking piece of crap and not due to the FXAA.