rush - choke points

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

rush - choke points

Post by Necromancer »

in C3, we played rush only once (crossing a choke point), and its played with 1000% tickets, wich is more then 999 tickets.
the maps are made that way, that if both teams are equal in strength, its easier for the attacker (the attacker will win at the end). thats why the attackers have tickets, limiting them to a certain amount of spawns/time.

playing with endless tickets means the sole propose of the choke point is to delay the attacker on the battle day, since the attacker cannot loose with that amount of tickets. and it can only delay that battle day for about 40 min. moving from objective to objective is pretty swift.

so, what the point of having a choke point really? the attacker can't loose and the choke point won't be closed for him. he will cross to the next continent. it can be changed to 40 min battle day penalty. wanna cross a choke point? fine, but your battle day ends 40 min earlier.

bottom line, the defending team doesn't really have any chance to hold that choke point.
the rules of fighting over a choke point should be changed to really make it a choke point, that if you loose, you can't cross. maybe then we'll see some airlifts/paradrop maneuvers too.

thats said, there are maps with higher rate of kills in a certain spots (with large number of players), that can even turn into choke points where you can't get across, like Metro and Demavend peak, but thats should be treated as an exceptional maps.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: rush - choke points

Post by haruky »

The TAs are currently working on finalizing the Campaign 4 System and Rules. We will post this as soon as it is ready.

Regarding the checkpoints, they have been removed from the C4 system so don't worry about it at all. :)
Image[/url]
LyreXeryL

Post by LyreXeryL »

I hope Rush isn't being taken out completely... :cry:
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

Choke points were a good idea in theory just poorly implemented IMO. It almost felt like whoever came up with that idea doesn't understand what a choke point is... Something used to inflict massive casualties and a morale hit on the enemy who is ballsy enough to attempt it. Seeing as we can't suffer morale loss do to casualties as it's a video game that parts irrelevant. However, with the 1000% tickets it was more of a minor inconvenience for the attacker and an excuse to further demoralize an already losing army. The opposite of what a choke point is theoretically intended to do.

If you guys do reintroduce it in future campaigns my suggestion is maybe have it a regular game of Rush as in standard ticket count. But it costs an automatic 2 army loss on the attacker just to initiate. Then if you lose you lose all armies from the launching territory but one. I feel that would best represent a choke point personally.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Every round the balance of players fielded changes. Attacker will not always win. Unlimited tickets is a mute point. I'd rather seen 300% rather than have a slave driver FC grind his army into deserting the field. There is no predicting how long a map in Rush will last with unlimited tickets. Could be 45 minutes, could be 6 hours. Most likely an attacker would call off the attack if not taken in an hour. Thats a cost in time, a division, and demoralizing.

Several Rush maps are Defender bias with 64 players. You cant kill the camping defenders fast enough as you have to cross the kill zone. C2 showed alot of that. Rush is all about choke points. Defender buttons them down or gets overrun. 64 players accents inbalances in the fielded players.

Several maps have been removed from the map list by the TAs because they are choke points. It was explained to me that choke points are not tactical, therefore not for C4.
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

I would like to see some rush in this campaign. Perhaps as part of Black Ops?
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

i hope to see Rush as well.

playing the maps with up to 300% tickets, and the attacker would attack with as many as 5 divisions, like attacking a territory. if failed to destroy all objectives, the attacker looses a division. to cross, the attacker has to win only once. if the defender looses, he does not forfeit a division, but he looses the checkpoint.
that would be a more viable option IMO.

some places with not enough access are blockable with large number of players (48+), like the metro stairs and Demavend peak, because you only have 3 ways to get in (in both cases), and not enough vehicles to break through.
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

For those loving rush, don't worry, it will be in the campaign system, just not as Checkpoints.
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

kewl. now we just hope it won't be one sided. we like the action, the pressure, the last ticket plant...
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

styphon wrote:For those loving rush, don't worry, it will be in the campaign system, just not as Checkpoints.
Hmmmm black ops day :?:

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
Breathing…breathingbreathing
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

elchino7 wrote:
styphon wrote:For those loving rush, don't worry, it will be in the campaign system, just not as Checkpoints.
Hmmmm black ops day :?:
Image[/url]
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Excellent, I want more options, more maps, more modes. If it werent for GC, I would not play half the modes of Infantry Only, Rush, TDM, DLC, small CQ. etc. Seriously I've played maps sizes and modes I've never played before and loved it. But the TAs are vets that have put volunteer time in as Generals and HCs.They and we want full servers every battleday. We need to say we want or dont want Metro, etc. We want Rush, TDM or dont want. We want Tuesdays BO and maybe Friday Rush? Its being re-invented every campaign. Our voice may not happen this camp, but really, it takes our voice to make the future happen. Alot of people didnt think we could have Tue night BO's anymore. Yet here we are. I wonder if we cant revive a Friday night BO of some sorts.