glitching in GC battleday

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

glitching in GC battleday

Post by Digz »

those who played against reddit, recall the video one of their players uploaded:
glitching into buliding near A, setting LMG with bipod, killing the flankers on round start.
thats reddit, they dont play usually here.
but i wonder why i keep seeing that glitch being used on karakand, on other normal gc
battleday? is it ok or against the rules?
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Re: glitching in GC battleday

Post by Ash2Dust »

Doesnt sound like it would be allowed. Would have to see a video of it.
cairdazar
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by cairdazar »

It was used in the last EUBO as well, I believe that admiralgiggles have video of that.

I have a screenshot of it but it don't show that much.
dan1mall
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by dan1mall »

He means the room on the other side, which is infact glitched. You can sit in it and shoot and shoot at the flank, but the wall cannot be blown up.
The room overlooking Alpha can be blown up by m320 or rpg, killing everyone inside.
Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Digz »

dan1mall wrote:He means the room on the other side, which is infact glitched. You can sit in it and shoot and shoot at the flank, but the wall cannot be blown up.
The room overlooking Alpha can be blown up by m320 or rpg, killing everyone inside.
yep ment the other side.
someone posted here a vid, that a guy from reddit posted after the scrim.
multi kill streaks...
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

I saw somebody inside there, took the M320 got him with second shot. Its easy to take him out so I don't see an issue with that. If the building was indestructible however, then that would be something that needs addressing.
Róka

Post by Róka »

.Sup wrote:I saw somebody inside there, took the M320 got him with second shot. Its easy to take him out so I don't see an issue with that. If the building was indestructible however, then that would be something that needs addressing.
But it's a glitch none-the-less. Just like how back when there were quite a few gun-glitches. Didn't mean you couldn't die, but you did have an unfair advantage.
ImageImage
dan1mall
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by dan1mall »

Róka wrote:
.Sup wrote:I saw somebody inside there, took the M320 got him with second shot. Its easy to take him out so I don't see an issue with that. If the building was indestructible however, then that would be something that needs addressing.
But it's a glitch none-the-less. Just like how back when there were quite a few gun-glitches. Didn't mean you couldn't die, but you did have an unfair advantage.
Again, the side of the building not facing Alpha is indeed glitched. However I dont see how the part of the building facing alpha is glitched, you get in there by blowing up a part of it and then jumping through a window.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Róka wrote:
I really don't see how it could be advantageous when it only needs one M320 or RPG to destroy that part of the building. As soon as the round starts you spawn in as engineer and blow it up. For me the word "glitch" means those who are glitching can kill you but you can't kill them. Which is not the case here, don't think it has been since BF2.
dan1mall
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by dan1mall »

.Sup wrote:
Róka wrote:
I really don't see how it could be advantageous when it only needs one M320 or RPG to destroy that part of the building. As soon as the round starts you spawn in as engineer and blow it up. For me the word "glitch" means those who are glitching can kill you but you can't kill them. Which is not the case here, don't think it has been since BF2.
Yeah I agree :P I was the one using it on EUBO. Its perfectly legit imo
Róka

Post by Róka »

Róka wrote:Didn't mean you couldn't die, but you did have an unfair advantage.
All I said was this. I know it's not hacking/glitching, but if this is the case like all the other "glitches" that are banned, it should be treated somewhat similarly. I couldn't care less though.
ImageImage
fawadforlan

Post by fawadforlan »

We used this "glitch" also in the previous campaign, very good position to defend Alpha flag. But everyone can simply throw a grenade and kill everyone in there (or use a rpg/m320), in my opinion it should be allowed to use that spot.
Battlefield 3
Campaign 2 - Staff Sergeant
Campaign 3 - Captain
Campaign 4 - Private
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

No we didn't fawad. That was in the destructible part of the building. It's the other side of the building which is indestructible.

Personally I don't have an issue with the alpha-facing side. But I just think it's a bit lame myself, so will avoid using it :)
KILLERCANKILL

Post by KILLERCANKILL »

I was in that room with some squad mates, it only takes one m320 to kill us all, it is not a glitch and easily accessible. That spot is used many times in scrims for defending A. You just need to be aware of your surroundings and not run into A flag blindly.
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

I believe Digz is referring to this video:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia6YJ9t2SYY[/youtube]

This room is easily accessible at first but only to the defending side. When the adjacent building is destroyed it can no longer be accessed at all.

This is the other glitch spot:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B_qjbD92Ok[/youtube]

Since the walls of both rooms are indestructible it does seem like a somewhat unfair advantage (at least in my opinion)