GC Trailer #2

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: GC Trailer #2

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

I was thinking that, whatever you do, you should introduce the viewer to the strategy aspect of things in some sort of intro. I was thinking you could go with a crude 3d model of the map, with some arrows showing where things are going to go.

I was in the process of making a rough draft of Firestorm, but before i continue, i'd like to hear everyone's opinion:

Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

this is fraking nice man.
war games FTW!
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
Chemical2
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Chemical2 »

I can help acting if you need anyone. just geme a poke (:
''Be polite, be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.'' The sniper
BF3
C2: Staff Sergeant - Hitcorp
C3: 1st Lieutenant - Dark army
C4: 1st Lieutenant - Starfishers coffee initiative
C5: PFC - Legion of Doom
Sarantini
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Sarantini »

KoffeinFlummi wrote:I was thinking that, whatever you do, you should introduce the viewer to the strategy aspect of things in some sort of intro. I was thinking you could go with a crude 3d model of the map, with some arrows showing where things are going to go.

I was in the process of making a rough draft of Firestorm, but before i continue, i'd like to hear everyone's opinion:
I think it's a great idea to begin with some tactics but I don't think we need a 3d model, it's a lot of work and we can use a satellite image as well.
We can start with a still image of the map and then showing the tactics with arrows and such and a vo explaining it briefly, when the battle start we can then use the freecam thing to see it from the top side.
As for the map i think it's best to have a flag that involves a lot of different engagements, I was thinking about the city flags of bandaar desert .

I think it is best to show the battle from one side, atleast for the voices from teamspeak so it is easier to understand for a new member.
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

it would be possible to organize one of the fundays ahead, to be an acted out 32 v 32 battle. All we need is a couple of ppl who know waht they want everybody to do (which I think we have) to lead it.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

I was thinking Firestorm is probably the best map to do as we have lots of footage from it considering we played it so often.

I was doodling last night and kinda came up with this, not sure if this is what we're wanting to do or not, it doesn't have too much BD footage in it. timings are very rough.

Scene 1 - 5-6 seconds
Free cam on Firestorm (virgin map), just some cinematic scenery.
No music

Scene 2 - 3 seconds
Fade to Black, hear voice say "This is live, this is live"

Scene 3 - 1- 8 seconds
Music starts
breakdown of shot
Slowmo shot starting from top view of RU spawn (freecam) of players running for vehicles 1-2 secs

Fast forward recording so players run to their vehicles faster, and then slowmo again to show dramatic transport chopper taking off, and tanks driving away in background - 2 secs

Fast forward again to jeep where we see an SL get in in and drive off. 2 secs.

Scene 4 - 4 secs
2 jets flying to centre of map, no ingame sound, rear view freecam.

Scene 5- 3 secs
Topdown view of entire map from really high up using freecam, have a really high FOV so you catch both spawns and the vehicles leaving it and pushing towards the centre of the map. Perhaps have 3D spotting on so we can have all vehicles show up clearly.

Scene 6 - 6 secs
Show jet drops from freecam, this is from an outside perspective so all four jet drops are visible.

Scene 7
Ingame footage of an SL parachuting down onto B roof. Maybe quick shot from pilot seat of transport helo?

Scene 8
Both SLs land on B roof, shouts "Spawn in, Spawn in" and there are suddenly 8 guys there.

Scene 9 - 1 sec
Cut to footage of tank advancing on B, still a ways away though.

Scene 10 - 10 secs
Battleday footage of intense fighting on B buildings.

Scene 11 - 5-10 secs
Tanks roll into the flags and start fighting each other. BD footage if possible.

Scene 12 - 2 secs,
Tanks gets C4d

Scene 13 - 5 secs
Freecam panning shot of the whole battlefield

Scene 14 - 5 secs
Show someone getting shot on B and death screen.
Comms
"crap we're wiped, hold spawn, awaiting orders".

Scene 15 - 3 secs
freecam shot of transport chopper flying to D.

Scene 16 - 5 secs
Same SL says
"Spawn transport, we're dropping Delta"
ingame view of squad spawning in and paradropping onto D.

Scene 17 - 4 secs
freecam view of tank advancing on D

Scene 18 - 3 secs
view of a US player firing a stinger at chopper (slowmo maybe?)

Scene 19 - 5- 10 secs
view US jet pilot face for a second,
then switch to normal view, jet sees transport helo getting hit by stinger and makes a pass to finish the job.

Scene 20 -
some more freecam scenery of whole battlefield.

GC info.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
A Docile Sloth
Executive
Executive

Post by A Docile Sloth »

I think the problem with actual BD footage is that it had the hud so isn't "clean" But I like the idea.

I personally think that staging a 32v32 battle would be the best with proper tactics and stuff ad people have said before. With that you can have people who can record take off the hud and make it so CC is cleaner of chatter to get the shots and sound clips you want.
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

calloutman i think your breakdown is well. only thing that lacks there is cross-division comms between infantry armor and Air. add a scene that SL asks for armor support, and one for chopper support.
maybe ask for armor support -> tank goes in, then the tank says "we're being hit by enemy chopper, i need airforce support" - and then a jet gets into scope and kills the chopper.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
BanzaiLang

Post by BanzaiLang »

That script looks excellent. Of course I think it will need a bit more TS communication, but if we go with the "semi-staged battleday" people have been talking about TS communication will just come through naturally. I can't record but I'll be an extra body if we need people in game or in TS. I also think we should keep the lines we say casual and authentic as to not sound cheesy/intimidating in the actual video. :lol:
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

KoffeinFlummi wrote:Stuff
1. You're far too skilled with after effects.
2. That looks like a lot of work.

:P

EDIT: Next campaign, we're gonna make a documentary.
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

don't forget you can do acting and sound (CC chatter) separately if more convenient. Also an idea, how about a trailer which follows one soldier, throughout the battlefield, preferably inf guy, it could work for a grunt and a SL. Basically follow the procedure of a real battleday, show the peeps what to expect:
1. Briefing <- 3d map comes in here or satelite or whatever
2. kit assignment <- "ok bobby I'm gonna need to to grab this and that, Jim you got the M60,...."
3. "this is live, this is live" <- Styphon's voice with static added, so it doesn't sound perfect
4. dramatic SL running/driving whatever

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeW6drdOD1M[/youtube]

5. "spawn in"
6. insert sound of a falling howitzer shell, guy we are following spawns in

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GY_qiJWHxs[/youtube]

7. we are following him through the battlefield

Now, everything has to be staged so that the guy we are following experiences a lot of close calls, dramatic moments and what not.

For the end it could be a cheesy mission successfull lets head back home, or our guy dies for more drama, and it becomes dark but he gets revived and looks up slow mo, to his buddy who revived him, things get faster he's back in the fight -> fade to black, letters: "experience the camaraderie", letters desapper, new line: "join Global Conflict" any other info add there.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
BotoloLover
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by BotoloLover »

Please be careful about putting things like revives, ammo boxes, recon actually spotting people and vehicles that don't leave the spawn with only the driver in them because these things could scare pubbies.
ImageImageImage
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

Cool ideas so far. Not so sure about adding in footage from real battledays, since the quality of the clips (720p and not lossless RGB) and HUD will completely destroy the cinematic experience and just look weird. Instead, we could illustrate how a battleday looks like.
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

I love all those ideas, and I even think that actual recorded gameplay can work fine if placed correctly.

But my point here is:

EPIC MUSIC = WIN.
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

LoA wrote:Cool ideas so far. Not so sure about adding in footage from real battledays, since the quality of the clips (720p and not lossless RGB) and HUD [...]
Is the color mode really that of an issue if its upload to/rendered for youtube in the end?
(No exp. there from my side.)
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!