Air Vehicles.

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

How do you feel about air vehicles?

Air vehicles are apart of Battlefield, they add to the gameplay and make it more interesting for everyone
81%
Air vehicles are overpowered and ruin the experience for the majority playing on the ground
13%
Air vehicles leave me cold, I hardly notice their presence/don't think anything of them.
6%

Total votes: 48

A Docile Sloth
Executive
Executive

Re: Air Vehicles.

Post by A Docile Sloth »

I posted this as a possible solution, or route to a solution, in the TA+HC forum. It's reworded a bit to make more sense.
I agree with this point:
Rules should be made in collaboration with the people they directly affect. The people they affect often know better than the people making the rules how things work.
I know basically nothing about air or how it works in GC besides the rules. The people who are upset about this are the ones who also hold the solution to their unhappiness. The impression I get from having talked to ID and Flummi is that the rules have fuzzy edges. The rules appear to many as clear and obvious but the AF guys, who they effect the most, are disagreeing. They appear to think that there is too much room for interpretation.

My solution would be:
1) To sit all current AF players down in TS and discuss this with them. I would keep as many non AF guys there as possible so I would put all AF and one or two TAs in there, probably Tac and pandas as they have the most experience regarding the AF. These people then work out what they want as rules which would keep them happy. All of the rules are pretty much AFvAF so ground based people, like myself, don't need to be there as the rules will only concern air. The TAs would act as a sounding board.

2) Then the AF captains, both HC and as many TAs as possible sit down in TS the day after. The AF captains present the rules made the day before to the HC and TAs. A discussion is then held over if the rules are acceptable, which they should be, and how to go about enforcing them in a fair and non stressed manor. The TAs and HC will then know how to deal with AF rule infractions and TA worthy events such that no one is shouting in anyone elces face.

I wouldn't expect the AF rules to change in intent, just in specifics. I would imagine that the three rules would just become less interpretable, hence why I wouldn't put HCs in part 1.