Idea to promote GC.

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

ZombieToof
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Idea to promote GC.

Post by ZombieToof »

RazY70 wrote:Fresh blood is one thing; a 300+ sized community is a completely different beast.

I have no idea what some hope to gain from a huge community size. I didn't see much in the way of explanations other than current = BAD; change = GOOD
matsif wrote: So what some of you are saying is, that getting another 300 people to sign up and then running 4 armies...
There was one who stated that. More posts promoted a more cautious attempt. Why does this thread end up in black/white arguments?
Daskro is promoting GC constantly. It's the reason I'm here and AFAIK nothing we complain about. I see no reason why we shouldn't push on that front a little further. Even so the OP stated Levelcap and Matimio as an example we can choose a channel that offers as few or many expected recruits as we like.

Edit: Last paragraph: ...why we shoudn't push...
Last edited by ZombieToof on Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
…I'm made of mountains, made of metal, made of whiskey, and waves! You won't believe your own breath, when the bold words finally escape your mouth. Keep your secrets hidden, till we're certain of just what we've found. Yeah, they bleed just like us, but our calling is what shapes us now. We won't be held back, won't be tied up, we won't be pinned down. Not now. Astronautalis: "Dimitri Mendeleev"
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

matsif wrote: As a community, we simply do not have enough human resources to handle running more than 2 armies (and there are days when I feel we struggle with that). There's not enough SLs, there's not enough FCs, there's not enough people willing to do risk, etc.
This is exactly the reason to get more people.or keep playing with fewer and fewer SL, RISK ppl etc....
matsif wrote: So what some of you are saying is, that getting another 300 people to sign up and then running 4 armies
Who said we want another 300?
Who suggested we should run 4 armies? LevelBF?
Who suggested to get 500K more people without preparing for it, be unable to control them and crash everything?

Why are you trying to picture me as a reckless kid?
All im saying is that we should strive to grow, but not in an uncontrolled and unprepared boom as you picture it.

If we want it, we can work towards it.
Assign and train more TAs. Get the HC and officers ready to handle more people. Revise the RISK and adopt it, and then post/work towards getting the exposure we want.

Or we can continue to be hysteric about it and keep playing with not enough FCs, SLs, tank reppers and pilots
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Digz »

yeseterday's BD and the LVL BF leak shows very good
that now its not even 64 people playing.
and its bad to move TA's from side to side (they are OP) :D
so yes, you might be having fun, but we are short on people in game time.
and you cant argue with that, also see star's point about the same people
taking officer/HC positions over and over and they will burn out
without new blood pumping in.
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

Digz wrote:yeseterday's BD and the LVL BF leak shows very good
that now its not even 64 people playing.
and its bad to move TA's from side to side (they are OP) :D
so yes, you might be having fun, but we are short on people in game time.
and you cant argue with that, also see star's point about the same people
taking officer/HC positions over and over and they will burn out
without new blood pumping in.
I don't think anyone is really arguing that we don't need anybody. It's just that we shouldn't go about getting new people in ways that are uncontrollable and certainly not with people like Lvlcap, as anything more than maybe 150 active members is hard to manage.
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

ZombieToof wrote: There was one who stated that. More posts promoted a more cautious attempt. Why does this thread end up in black/white arguments?
Daskro is promoting GC constantly. It's the reason I'm here and AFAIK nothing we complain about. I see no reason to push on that front a little further. Even so the OP stated Levelcap and Matimio as an example we can choose a channel that offers as few or many expected recruits as we like.
More cautious attempt at what? What are the problems? What are the goals and purpose of attaining them? That is what I'm trying to figure out.
Speaking in vague terms such as "growth" and "change" doesn't help much. There could be various solution to a problem. But first the problem needs to be defined, and then you can think of the best way and time to deal with it.
ZombieToof
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ZombieToof »

RazY70 wrote:
ZombieToof wrote: There was one who stated that. More posts promoted a more cautious attempt. Why does this thread end up in black/white arguments?
Daskro is promoting GC constantly. It's the reason I'm here and AFAIK nothing we complain about. I see no reason to push on that front a little further. Even so the OP stated Levelcap and Matimio as an example we can choose a channel that offers as few or many expected recruits as we like.
More cautious attempt at what? What are the problems? What are the goals and purpose of attaining them? That is what I'm trying to figure out.
Speaking in vague terms such as "growth" and "change" doesn't help much. There could be various solution to a problem. But first the problem needs to be defined, and then you can think of the best way and time to deal with it.
Getting new active players is by no means a new goal. We have a trailer, try to streamlining the new user experience and overhault the website. Daskro/brettfx already promote GC on youtube, and I think many of us talk to other players about GC.

Since I joined shortly before this campaign, ~5 new players joined. Nevertheless it's not enough to get full Armies on the EUBOs and BDs. I skipped 1 map on a BD this campaign where, and IIRC we played with <32 at that time. When I looked at the board yesterday we had ~27 players per side. So get in 10-20 new players is highly welcome. I don't think it will hurt the community if we get 20 new players, even if they join at once. If the elders think we can't take 20, we can pick a target where we expect less.

More cautious means to do that with a small youtuber. Not with a huge one like the OP used as an example, but a smaller which will reach far less potential players. Turning the thread down by stating that the goal would be to double the active GC community to 300 which would kill GC is crap.
…I'm made of mountains, made of metal, made of whiskey, and waves! You won't believe your own breath, when the bold words finally escape your mouth. Keep your secrets hidden, till we're certain of just what we've found. Yeah, they bleed just like us, but our calling is what shapes us now. We won't be held back, won't be tied up, we won't be pinned down. Not now. Astronautalis: "Dimitri Mendeleev"
ZebraPeps
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ZebraPeps »

^^
Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Digz »

to get 20 new GC members according to the info stated by duke and cheesy,
and handling the issues star addressed, means to get:

something like 200 new visitors on GC website
150 signups, 100 players to actually show up once at TS+BD, 50 players
that might show up for more or finish this campaign with us,
30 that will keep on logging to site/forums after it will be over,

and maybe 20-25 that will keep track, sign up for the next one,
and signup for further duties on GC
such as helping with $,GCW, site, promoting, HC/officers/TA's at
the future.
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

The thread was derailed a bit, but that doesn't mean the concerns are not valid. BF4 is just over the horizon and like it or not things are going to change once it's released.

While I honestly do appreciate daskro/brett shout-out for GC it sounded more like someone trying to pitch his ugly sister to a friend - "well yeah she's pretty awesome and whatnot; lovely personality too" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHKv-W7lbGU&t=16m30s). They are both heavily vested in LevelBF which is perfectly fine. Still, daskro has certainly done a lot to promote GC so cheers for that.
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

So... somebody said Luetin a while ago in between all the... other stuff that you guys said.
What about him? Is there any real/fast way we can contact him?
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Hgx wrote:So... somebody said Luetin a while ago in between all the... other stuff that you guys said.
Can't he be contacted via his youtube or twitter account?
http://www.youtube.com/user/Luetin09
https://twitter.com/Luetin09

Apparently he's also in contact with daskro so maybe he can help
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

RazY70 wrote:
Hgx wrote:So... somebody said Luetin a while ago in between all the... other stuff that you guys said.
Can't he be contacted via his youtube or twitter account?
http://www.youtube.com/user/Luetin09
https://twitter.com/Luetin09

Apparently he's also in contact with daskro so maybe he can help
Yeah, I'd say Daskro and Twitter are both good ideas.