Would you watch a regular cast of the Battledays?

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

How likely are you to watch a stream/cast of the Battledays?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:28 pm

Only if I'm in the Waiting Room.
37%
If I'm not playing, I'll always try to watch it.
32%
Not at all.
4%
I would watch the archived video later.
27%

Total votes: 73

mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Re: Would you watch a regular cast of the Battledays?

Post by mrBLUE9 »

Unfortunately we did not get enough volunteers to cast, so this will be on hold for now. I want to say sorry for raising everyone's expectation.

That said, I'm currently in talks with NewGuy, he's a Danish caster and he's interested in casting our Battledays, so hopefully it all works out in the end. :)
Last edited by mrBLUE9 on Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

mrBLUE9 wrote:Unfortunately we did not get enough volunteers to cast, so this will be on hold for now. I wanted to say sorry for raising everyone's expectation.

That said, I'm currently in talks with NewGuy, he's a Danish caster and he's interested in casting our Battledays, so hopefully it all works out in the end. :)
What about that chadman guy who commentated with BrettFX?
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

RazY70 wrote: What about that chadman guy who commentated with BrettFX?
Is he interested? I haven't heard anything.
TacticalVirus
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by TacticalVirus »

Shrapnel was asking about this on TS earlier today, and so I kind of solidified my position on this;

The way I see it, casting a full battleday is just too much work for the maybe 5 people that will appreciate it. Plus, there's the issue of who's going to cast it. If we're casting it 'in-house', the guys that I can see casting would probably also be your reliable squad leaders/officers. I would hate for anyone to be in the position where they wanted a break from squad leading (which, despite the last two campaigns, is actually a thing that happens, squad leaders do get rotated out when ~40 people show up for a battleday) and felt they needed to cast during the battleday aswell.

A more efficient use of the limited man-hours we have, atleast in my opinion, would be things like Highlight Reels or Top 10s of some kind. Think about sports broadcasting. Every week there's a Top 10 "X", so put together a mix of Top 10 GC Kills maybe, Highlight Reels can consist of awesome sequences or hilarious bloopers (tank flipping, Spreez, etc). Put those out on a weekly basis using footage from the previous Main Battleday (maybe include BOs if you have the recordings and can edit it in time for a Thursday/Friday release. If there's a particularly great round (like the <5 ticket rounds), cast that from recordings?

Streaming during the battleday should be allowed/encouraged. I know there's been fears about it being abused, but even in the GC tournaments, where we know certain players tried to abuse the streams to their team's advantage, it didn't actually benefit them. A 30 second delay would just ensure that abuse of the streams was futile, so that's as far as I'd go in regulating battleday streams.
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

TacticalVirus wrote:The way I see it, casting a full battleday is just too much work for the maybe 5 people that will appreciate it. Plus, there's the issue of who's going to cast it. If we're casting it 'in-house', the guys that I can see casting would probably also be your reliable squad leaders/officers. I would hate for anyone to be in the position where they wanted a break from squad leading (which, despite the last two campaigns, is actually a thing that happens, squad leaders do get rotated out when ~40 people show up for a battleday) and felt they needed to cast during the battleday aswell.
There was never a set of rules regarding time commitment when we first thought of casting Battledays. My first preoccupation was taking people out of playing BF4, and that's why I made it clear that people would have total freedom to cast/stream as they please, for how long they want to. There was no "need" to cast as you put it. And this was all volunteer based, so I thought only people that liked the idea would volunteer to do so. Plus, I was anticipating a full waiting room for our first campaign, that's one of the reasons we pushed the idea. And finally, we did not get any volunteers to do it, apart from Haruky, so I think we are good regarding all these worries.

The idea of Highlights or Top 10s is a good one. But it's really time consuming to do it. Any of the guys that do video editing, like LoA, can attest that this takes a lot of time and work. To do it weekly would be really hard, unless we have a big team of people committed for it, which is not the case right now.
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

mrBLUE9 wrote: The idea of Highlights or Top 10s is a good one. But it's really time consuming to do it. Any of the guys that do video editing, like LoA, can attest that this takes a lot of time and work. To do it weekly would be really hard, unless we have a big team of people committed for it, which is not the case right now.
Highlights etc were planned before, but all people that record would have to 'submit' their clips, which in the past simply never happened on a regular basis.
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
o1oo1
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by o1oo1 »

Jokerle wrote:
Highlights etc were planned before, but all people that record would have to 'submit' their clips, which in the past simply never happened on a regular basis.
thats because of the one week delay on posting footage publicly , and after such a long wait, nobody cares
Cheesy
Executive
Executive

Post by Cheesy »

I would be fine lifting the one-week rule this campaign, if the Allies are ok with it.

Re casting - I also am expecting a big waiting room, and I just thought it would be a fun thing for those guys. Every day on the forum I see some new person sign up and some old person pop their head in, and BF4 isn't released yet. Advertising or no, we're going to see a lot of zombies come back in the month or two after the game comes out. If we have 10-20 guys in each waiting room sitting bored, I guess it seems like a no brainer to me.