Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

A Docile Sloth
Executive
Executive

Potentially Useful OBS Plugin

Post by A Docile Sloth »

A mixture of boredom and curiosity lead me to make a plugin for OBS:

The fair play rules require any person recording to have a *R* before their name. I basically made a plugin that will edit your TS nickname to add *R* (or any other prefix 10 characters or less with no spaces) when you are streaming. It then removes it when you stop. As of 2013-12-20, the plugin has been updated to allow users to mute and/or deafen themselves as well as switch channels while streaming/recording. They will be unmuted/undeafened and moved back to the original channel when recording/streaming stops.
If you used a version before this date, please search for %appdata%/OBS/pluginData and delete ts3.ini in there (if there is one) or OBS will crash when your try to open the TS3 Recording Notifier config.

Downloads:
32bit Version
64bit Version
Zip file contains TS3Plugin.dll and README.txt files

Before streaming, open the TS3 Recording Notifier config.
First box allows you to set the IP of the PC running your TS3 client if you record and play on different computers.
In the second box add your TS3 Unique ID (Settings -> Identities -> Unique ID)
Change *R* in the third box to what ever you want the prefix to be (must be 10 characters or less and have NO spaces)
The next two checkboxes are self explanatory.
If the "Change Channel" checkbox is ticked, the "Set Channel" button and "Channel Password" boxes are activated. Move to the streaming/recording channel and press "Set Channel" to set that channel in OBS. Then add the channel password if necessary.

IMPORTANT: You need to have the TS3 ClientQuery plugin running for this to work.

If you are interested, or want to see how bad my coding is, source code is available on Github.

Older Versions
Spoiler: show
First Release
32bit Version
64bit Version
Zip file contains TS3Plugin.dll and README.txt files
Last edited by A Docile Sloth on Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:14 am, edited 7 times in total.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Re: Potentially Useful OBS Plugin

Post by Ash2Dust »

In a perfect world, we don't have to be thy brothers keeper. As far as I know, this rule is not being exploited or abused. Appreciate the work, tho I am not a recorder or one to install anything I don't have to out of paranoia.

For a TS plugin, I'd like to see more of a generic database. Who'se on and when. Or even a TS answering machine. So and so was on and left you a voicemail. We really don't need databases or answering machines, but it would be a feature we could play with and other TS servers might use. Create something the world wants, and you may find yourself rich.
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

Awesome stuff slothy! I will make sure to use it, once I get stable FPS and start recording again! (y)

Keep it up!! :clap:
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

Nice work!

When (if) BF4 comes stable I may start streaming again.
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
A Docile Sloth
Executive
Executive

Post by A Docile Sloth »

Ash2Dust wrote:In a perfect world, we don't have to be thy brothers keeper. As far as I know, this rule is not being exploited or abused. Appreciate the work, tho I am not a recorder or one to install anything I don't have to out of paranoia.
I wasn't trying to imply that the rule was being exploited. Nor was I attempting to create a "Granny State" tool to keep people "safe" while recording. If it appears that I'm trying to get people to use this out of paranoia, that wasn't (and isn't) my intent.
I wanted a tool that would do this for myself, and was curious to see if I could do it; I made it because I'm lazy and don't want to edit my name every time I stream. I put it here in case someone else was equally lazy.

As for making loads of money, may be... One day...
TheYonderGod

Post by TheYonderGod »

I'm so lazy that even this is too much work. I just leave the R in my name all the time :thumbup:
ImageImage
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

Nice job! :thumbup:
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

A Docile Sloth wrote:
Ash2Dust wrote:As for making loads of money, may be... One day...
Seems a lot of people are interested. You're one day closer.
A Docile Sloth
Executive
Executive

Post by A Docile Sloth »

If anyone is interested, the plugin has had a large update to make it more user friendly and add some extra features (mute/deafen client, switch channels). I'll try to keep the OP updated. It's also available over on the OBS Forums.