Some BF4 Fixes

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

zorplex
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Some BF4 Fixes

Post by zorplex »

Do you experience terribly long load times? Do you have a spare 32GB+ flash drive laying around? I've got good news! (NOTE: Not going to beat an SSD, but should be an improvement for anyone using an HDD.)

Also a bonus fix for poor FPS performance that may help some people.

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/c ... times_etc/
Last edited by zorplex on Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Get a free Planetside 2 starter pack! Shameless PS2 recruitment link!
BF3C2-L • Hitcorp • Staff Sergeant ~§~ BF3C3-L • PRIDe • Captain ~§~ BF3C4-L • Gladius • Captain BF3C5-W • Legion of Doom • Captain Image
BF3C6-L • UNSC • PFC ~§~ BF4C1-L • Allies • PRVT ~§~ BF4C2-W • 9th MEU • P2C
BF4C3 • Corleone Family • HCImage
BF4C4 • SAD JANUS • HC
Róka

Re: Some BF4 Fixes

Post by Róka »

How much better does it work (I'm talking about the load times - seeing as I already have BF4 installed on a SSD)?
And about the FPS extras, how well does it work and how much does it affect the graphics of the game?
ImageImage
zorplex
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by zorplex »

Róka wrote:How much better does it work (I'm talking about the load times - seeing as I already have BF4 installed on a SSD)?
And about the FPS extras, how well does it work and how much does it affect the graphics of the game?
It probably won't help if you are already running BF4 off an SSD. It's mainly for people who have an HDD and can end up spending several minutes loading a map. I had moved BF4 to a HDD since my SSD was running low on space and I wasn't playing the game often. I just moved the .cas files to my SSD which leaves all the other BF4 files on my HDD. Frees up about 12GB on my SSD and I still get fast load times, win-win.

There was some bug with the installer that sometimes didn't install certain DirectX parts that came with the game. It just depends on if your install was one of the faulty ones. It won't hurt anything re-installing the DirectX again. There have been reports of fewer frame drops and 50% FPS improvements after installing the DirectX files. I haven't had performance issues since I switched to Win 8.1, so it didn't make a difference for me.
Get a free Planetside 2 starter pack! Shameless PS2 recruitment link!
BF3C2-L • Hitcorp • Staff Sergeant ~§~ BF3C3-L • PRIDe • Captain ~§~ BF3C4-L • Gladius • Captain BF3C5-W • Legion of Doom • Captain Image
BF3C6-L • UNSC • PFC ~§~ BF4C1-L • Allies • PRVT ~§~ BF4C2-W • 9th MEU • P2C
BF4C3 • Corleone Family • HCImage
BF4C4 • SAD JANUS • HC
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

Weird about running the 32bit version. I remember another guide that said make sure you run the 64bit version.

Cool stuff though!
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM