NA server rubberbanding

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

matsif
Executive
Executive

Re: NA server rubberbanding

Post by matsif »

RazY70 wrote:May I suggest that if the one of the servers acts up, as the US server did last Sat, we move to the other one.
I have no idea why we continued playing on the US server despite the obvious problems people experienced and reported.
had the report of issues come in early on, this would have most certainly been considered and we most likely would have moved back to the EU server. we didn't hear reports of issues until nearly the end of the first round of caspian, and it was decided that since at most only 1 more round would be played that day to just continue despite the issues. as TAs when we heard the reports we did ask the HCs to relay back how many were having issues and it was said that it was only a handful, which also played into the decision to just play through it.

The second round appeared to be much worse, but by that point we were definitely already on the last round of the day, so there was no real point in swapping.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

matsif wrote:
RazY70 wrote:May I suggest that if the one of the servers acts up, as the US server did last Sat, we move to the other one.
I have no idea why we continued playing on the US server despite the obvious problems people experienced and reported.
had the report of issues come in early on, this would have most certainly been considered and we most likely would have moved back to the EU server. we didn't hear reports of issues until nearly the end of the first round of caspian, and it was decided that since at most only 1 more round would be played that day to just continue despite the issues. as TAs when we heard the reports we did ask the HCs to relay back how many were having issues and it was said that it was only a handful, which also played into the decision to just play through it.

The second round appeared to be much worse, but by that point we were definitely already on the last round of the day, so there was no real point in swapping.
Then maybe we can do what we did with the gun glitch in BF3. If you experience serious rubber banding report once it in chat.
Hypol33t

Post by Hypol33t »

I pretty much bitched and moaned about it to my SL from the beginning....
BF4 C3
BF4 C4
Róka

Post by Róka »

Hypol33t wrote:I pretty much bitched and moaned about it to my SL from the beginning....
You should have heard our airforce channel. Including me all of us were basically watching a distorted screen of battlefield 4 :lol:
ImageImage
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

The shitty thing is that both our servers are from NFO. EU server was fine. NA server was terribad.

FWIW I think this might be an outlier - the NA server was fine in the past, and there was network instability right around when we were playing. We still have a few more weeks on that server so we'll probably give it a couple more chances to not suck.

If it continues to suck... then it's back to the game of musical servers from the early days of BF4.
ImageImageImage
King6moh
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by King6moh »

I honestly think it was due to certain maps and certain servers. I have played a couple of Caspian Border maps which were fine and some which were rubberbanding like crazy.

Moving forward, I think it'll be a real challenge now that the Naval Strike maps are in rotation. More often than not, those map start to rubberband halfway through the round without rhyme or reason. Granted not all of them do but some. Just a heads up to lookout for it within the next couple of Battle Days.