Dragon's Teeth Gameplay Reveal

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Róka

Re: Dragon's Teeth Gameplay Reveal

Post by Róka »

Hgx wrote:Played all 4 maps in CQL mode with 64 players and a squad full of mates.

Great fking designed maps, +1 for adding them into the GC map.

Including Peal Market that looks like if Bazar and Poop Zone had a child, it's a good fun map to play with mates.
The other 3 are more BF standar and have a really solid design IMO.
+1
ImageImage
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

Gameplay & me complaining the whole time.

http://www.twitch.tv/globalconflict/b/547775951
Róka

Post by Róka »

Fields wrote:Gameplay & me complaining the whole time.

http://www.twitch.tv/globalconflict/b/547775951
How is your camera movement so smooth?
ImageImage
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

It seems it's on 60 fps. Didn't know Twitch allowed it!
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

Really disliked Chainlink. I never liked maps that are too linear in BF, so Chainlink for me is even worse. Apart from Pearl Market I liked all the maps! Now I'm on a quest to unlock the Deagle. :D
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

only played chain link on sunken dragon so far, but I dislike it. captures are too fast and it would be far better if it was a push-pull scenario instead of allowing backraging to break links. basically it's no different than conquest in the end and really added nothing to the game.

the bulldog is ok I've found so far. still undecided if I like it better than the SCAR-H but it's at least another different AR instead of another high RPM bullet hose following the lower damage model. I still want the AN94 back.

as to the maps:
-pearl necklace is terrible. It's like someone tried to mix up grand bazaar with flood zone, which by itself doesn't seem like a terrible idea, but then just made it terrible still somehow. Just a roofcamping nightmare and open flag zones with little cover to help against roof camping. really disappointing. throw in the amtrac spamming grenades and it really loses any appeal.

-sucking dragon is another map to add to the disappointing list. the map is way too linear, especially if someone floods the map, and prone to roof camping as well around B and D, and also tower camping by the flood gate controls. It's not as bad as pearl, and I can't exactly put my finger on what I dislike about it, but I do dislike it. Also, there is absolutely no reason for little birds on this map. There's not a ton of cover from the thing and there's no way to counter it without just spamming stingers everywhere.

-blumpkin gardens or whatever the hell it's called I haven't played enough of yet to have a good opinion of, but it didn't seem horrible so far. at this point I have no strong feelings one way or the other about it. Seems to be nonlinear throughout most of it, not a plethora of vehicles everywhere that I saw, and the few flags I've been at had decent layouts.

-propaganda is my favorite out of the pack. reminds me a bit of a few of the 2142 maps. my only major complaint about it is that it too suffers from the typical linearity found in most BF4 maps, mostly due to the flag placement. That said, every time I've played it so far it's been a good time at all flag zones, and there hasn't been a ton of roof camping like on sucking dragon or pearl necklace.

I'd be ok with adding them all in to our play, assuming we were going to use them this campaign, if only to break up the monotony of the vanilla maps, which in general are well worse than these.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
cairdazar
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by cairdazar »

I don't hate any of the maps, I rage much more on my team mates then on the map design :roll:

Chain link feels like a better domination mode, it is not bad with 16-32 players, maybe something for blackops?
condorfinley

Post by condorfinley »

Final stand reveal came out today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqDy6D9 ... 7kPAn5eLUQ

Couple interesting things besides the map. At 0:27 there is either a hover-tank, or a tank with some weird tracks designed for snow. Also, at 0:54 you can clearly see some mechs. I wonder if they are just there for eye candy, or if we will actually be able to use them.