september patch notes

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: september patch notes

Post by Necromancer »

A Docile Sloth wrote:Maybe you need to aim better?
I try! i try all kind of different things, approaches and game styles... but same result!!! thats why its so frustrating.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

Hhhnnnggg, no more 120>1 fps drops in Hainan, wat is dis. :o
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

So after a bit of play I'm pretty content with the changes. Shooting is more enjoyable and there seems to be less luck involved in my firefights.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

game seems to stutter more now. Although I'm mostly playing with folks from the eu. I hope the patch didn't reintroduce the server stability issues that plagued C1.
ImageImageImage
Róka

Post by Róka »

StarfisherEcho wrote:game seems to stutter more now. Although I'm mostly playing with folks from the eu. I hope the patch didn't reintroduce the server stability issues that plagued C1.
Yeah if you play on foreign/high-ping servers it's simply more noticeable now because of the High Frequency Network Update. Playing on closer servers feels silky smooth on the other hand. We'll see if we get complaints during the campaign the 3 hours that we play between EU/NA server.
ImageImage
Madsgyver
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Madsgyver »

Is this the CTE patch and is visual recoil gone?
Also can we play with all unlocks on battle days now, or does enabling that still disable commander mode?
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Madsgyver wrote:Is this the CTE patch and is visual recoil gone?
Also can we play with all unlocks on battle days now, or does enabling that still disable commander mode?
Yes, this is the CTE patch. and the visual recoil is sort of gone. You still get the same gun animation as before, but the reticle represents the real recoil now. Looks kind of weird on videos but you don't notice it when playing.

Personally speaking I like the new features, but don't really feel all that BF4 2.0 hype is justified. It's still BF4 after all with its quirks and annoyances.

No idea about the unlocks. I'm not sure it was tested in a long time. CTE servers have everything unlocked with commander enabled so I assume it would be fine.
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

All things considered; this is the game they should have released a year ago. :thumbup:

By no means perfect, but certainly bounds beyond what we were initially given, and even after the past 12 months.