Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

BF4C6: Generals Discussion

Post by Gwynzer »

All,

The survey results are in and we've had a lot of really good feedback. It's appreciated. We've also got a list of General applicants. As we've announced, this campaign we are allowing the community to chose the Generals.

How will it work?
Use this thread to discuss the individual applicants and their merits, and also take a look at potential pairings. Which of the applicants would be best suited fighting against each other? It was raised in last campaigns Balance Thread that it is very important to have Generals who are going to be fighting on the same level, and I think that despite the overall Virtucon dominance last campaign, it was still proof of that. The Generals are listed at the bottom of this post. As people join and leave the running, it will be updated.

At Friday SBT(ish) a poll will be put up in the Supporting Members Forum with a list of the possible potential combinations of Generals we can have. If you are an applicant and specifically do not want to fight against another, either say so in this thread or you can PM me and I'll remove that combo from the poll. If the community seems overwhelming against a certain combo in this thread, we'll also remove that prior to the vote. On Sunday SBTish the results will be confirmed and the selected grouping invited to General.

Why Supporting Members???
We have a few reasons for wanting the discussion public but moving the choice to supporting members. The reason for keeping the discussion public is that we want every member of this community to have a say and be kept in the loop. Moving the vote to the supporting members allows us to stop any potential "vote fuzzing" where people may make new accounts to vote for themselves, their friends, or against people they don't like. It also serves as a way for us to recognise the commitment to the community the supporting members have shown.

If you're not a supporting member and have strong feelings about the Generals, it's your responsibility to use this thread to get your opinion out there and try to convince others. It's actually the responsibility of everyone in the community to get their part said, and to follow this thread. If you don't get involved at all and later start complaining about how rubbish the Generals are, I'll be pointing you to this thread and telling that it's your fault, and as you didn't speak up you've got no right to complain. :P

The Applicants
The following are the people who have said they are willing to be a General next campaign in the survey. If you want to add your name to the running, post here and/or send me a PM and I'll add you to the list.

The List:
CognitoCon
InsanityRocks
Dan1mall

I'm sure we'll have more people signing up now the discussion is actually ongoing.

Please keep this discussion civil and constructive.
dan1mall
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: BF4C6: Generals Discussion

Post by dan1mall »

vote for dan, vote for explosions!
lakefisher1

Post by lakefisher1 »

Insanity lead one of the best and most organised armies I have seen in BF4! Vote Insanity!
Follow us @gc_org and help support our community!
InsanityRocks
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by InsanityRocks »

phpBB [video]

/me steps up to podium, presses Play (you can too), turns up the volume

/me surveys the crowd

/me turns down the volume

/me taps the microphone

Men!

I am here, before you, to ask your permission. To ask your permission to be your next General. To be your next General and lead you to victory as we drive our enemies before us.

Each candidate here is qualified. However I want what you want: the most enjoyable experience here while pew pew pewing our enemies in the face.

I will work hard to ensure this campaign is the best one yet.

But Men!

I can not do it alone. I need your assistance. Together, as a team, as an Army, as a Family, we must support one another. It starts by allowing me to be your General. It continues with your dedication to the Army and everyone's hard work.

I will fight for you. I will have your back.

And Men!

Everything's Cool!

../Salute

/me steps off the podium
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

Let's resurrect the (seemingly) dead and get Soviets vs. Coffee Empire.

Vote Cheesy vs. Starfisher!

Of course, we still need to have Tac vs. Spreez.

In all seriousness though, of the candidates who have actually voiced an interest in the job, I'd most like to see Insanity vs InDANity.
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
CognitoCon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CognitoCon »

I'm just out here trying to defend America from Commie-Fascist-Terrorist-Italians. I can also guarantee that America has more explosions than whatever commie country Dan is from.
By the way, your vote is being monitored by the NSA, so vote correctly.
A Docile Sloth
Executive
Executive

Post by A Docile Sloth »

Bock wrote: Of course, we still need to have Tac vs. Spreez.
Why has this not yet happened? Can't someone volentell them to do it?

Also, I'd be happy with any pairing of the three up there atm.
Spreez
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Spreez »

If Tac actually existed I would say that could happen. Yet he does not.
dan1mall
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by dan1mall »

Team super danimall action team will have the most explosions
ViperXVII
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ViperXVII »

Communist you say? I don´t want to have to give the fatherland my explosions...
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Spreez wrote:If Tac actually existed I would say that could happen. Yet he does not.
Was about to say the same thing. He seemed to have disappeared into oblivion.. ;(
Image[/url]
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

My Personal feels are we should have a Cog V Insanity, based on the fact they've both been winning generals before, and fairly recently. They're falling back on the same level of experience and I think they've got a good relationship already. Timezones for communication between each other is a factor as well.

Can't go for Dan, he's a Dutchie.
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ explosions
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

Gwynzer wrote:My Personal feels are we should have a Cog V Insanity, based on the fact they've both been winning generals before, and fairly recently. They're falling back on the same level of experience and I think they've got a good relationship already. Timezones for communication between each other is a factor as well.

If they've been generals recently and are up for it again then I say we punish them and let them do it k:evil:
CaptJagermeister
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CaptJagermeister »

Gwynzer wrote:
Is there anything wrong with being a Dutchie? No I want Dan as a general just because he's a fellow Dutchmen