Leave as is
14%

Total votes: 21

ViperXVII
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Javelins discussion refined poll

Post by ViperXVII »

Al the pros/cons are from the other thread.

PROS:

Air has nerfed damage against armor (50% less damage) and there's no jets this campaign.

SRAWs are nerfed and nowhere near as maneuverable.

Some maps like silk road are very open and big, making RPG shots useless against tanks that are aware they are being shot at.

CONS:

With the tank laser designator, it would mean instant death to tanks that are lasered.

With the tank laser designator, it would mean death for air and non-necessity of stingers.

Not a skillful weapon.

Laser CONS

No lazed target lock-on max distance = 350m
Lazed target lock-on max distance = 500m
Increased damage
Goes through APS
Allows to go around cover in cases
CrookedBarrel

Re: Javelins discussion refined poll

Post by CrookedBarrel »

Speculate all you want about the impact in a GC round; I say unban the Javelin and test it. If the tank laser really does make such a huge difference, we'll find out.
"Of course he looks like the suspect, that don't make him guilty! You look like an idiot, that doesn't mean you are one." -Ken Rosenberg
BF4 C3 TCF Sgt
BF4 C4 SAD Cpt
BF4 C5 EVIL WO
BF4 C6 TCF Col
cancel_man
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by cancel_man »

CrookedBarrel wrote:Speculate all you want about the impact in a GC round; I say unban the Javelin and test it. If the tank laser really does make such a huge difference, we'll find out.
I agree. Gunner soflam is currently allowed and works with lots of weapons, but it's rarely used. Let's give it a few rounds of play and see how it really works out.
THUNDER AXE

Post by THUNDER AXE »

My one recommendation would be to Ban the Javelin on Infantry only maps. I like the idea of Javelins vs Tanks to help infantry (of course I would I play as infantry :P )but, when it comes to lighter armoured vehicles I just feel it would just make it a lot harder for transport vehicles like RHIBS and the Jeeps and stuff. now my main reasoning behind this, is they are the fastest way to travel around on most maps especially when we play 64i maps. and no one wants to run from one point to another and to do it constantly because of javelins and always getting blown up before you get the battle would just be frustrating.
AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE. OI OI OI
aka
Stolzy_Burger