I could give a poop about RS2V
32%

Total votes: 19

Ghoul
8.Lord
8.Lord

Are we running another campaign?

Post by Ghoul »

I need to know before the 6th whether or not to cancel the game server before paying for another month. Do we have plans to need it in April?
Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Are we running another campaign?

Post by Digz »

maybe you should add a poll to post?
i'm down for another.
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Ghoul
8.Lord
8.Lord

Post by Ghoul »

I don't think 6 people interested in another campaign is enough to keep paying for the server especially since there are not even talks starting about it. I'll keep the poll up for a few more days to see if sentiment has changed.
Gonzo
Executive
Executive

Post by Gonzo »

Sad to say, but it looks like we're back in hiatus. But like last time, this means we're down but not out. Please keep suggesting games you'd like us to play a campaign in and we'll look at our options.

It'd be cool for people who are still looking for some fun on saturdays to post what they're playing, so we can still game together. For that matter, I'm currently having fun with Blackwake an would love to team up with any of you guys.

If you don't know the game, imagine Sea of Thieves as an arena battle, and you're pretty close to what Blackwake is. It's not very expensive and nice for a couple rounds of quick action.

Beyond that, I still have BF3 installed and I could see myself getting back into Squad, if I had someone to play with. Or, you know, RS2. It's been a while since I've been on a full server.

Remember, we can do our thing in almost any game. We don't have to have our own server to play organized.

Let's not let this community die. I still wanna hang out with you guys, even if we're not running a campaign.
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

Amen, brother Gonzo.

You can usually find me playing Dota with V_ when I actually have time to game.

I'm down to squad up for some RS2:V, BF3, BF4 or BF1 on pub servers.

I'd be open to picking up a new game as well if I knew people were playing it at a time that worked for me.
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
bigdcowboys22
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by bigdcowboys22 »

Squad! Love that game...when I actually have time that is
Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan.

Leadership is getting someone to do what they don't want to do, to achieve what they want to achieve.
V_

Post by V_ »

The most important thing we can do to stay together as a community is hang out in TS while we're gaming. If we get used to seeing each other online, we'll get used to playing online together - it's as simple as that.

As Bock says, I've been playing a lot of Dota recently, especially the Battle Cup tournaments on Saturday nights. PUBG is also fun to goof off in. I would absolutely love to pub in BF1, 3, or 4, so I'd be down to at least set up a funday. (I pub in BF1 a lot, so hmu on TS.)

With small numbers of people, it might be worth looking into some team shooters like Overwatch or Rainbow Six Siege. Both games are tactical and objective-focused, and feature a wide variety of maps to use with a RISK system. Both games support custom servers so we wouldn't need to rent. I think there's a lot untapped potential there we should seriously consider.
BF3 C2: KI - Sgt | C3: Pride - Sgt | C4: Gladius - Sgt | C5: KART - Col | C6: UNSC - Col
RS2:V C1: A1 - Ofc | C2: SLOTH - HC
Shrapnel
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Shrapnel »

Unstickied
[sig]Broken due to link being older than I am (in internet years at least) and laziness[/sig]