Details on the Battlefield V Open Beta

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Details on the Battlefield V Open Beta

Post by Fields »

I think my only gameplay gripe: I can top the scoreboard running through fights and brainlessly spamming 3 as medic but can't come close nearly as easily as support. Gunfood supply needs a bit of a point buff.
Also they added the repair torch to support. Finally I can shoost the bap bap bap guns and throw gunfood AND torch tanks.

But holy crap, this UI, the unlocks, the squads system, etc.
Customization is SO sparse: I'm hoping we're only seeing the very tip of the iceberg.
Some of the guns are entirely irrelevant. The first unlock medic gun did the same damage as the default gun and the same firerate, but had worse accuracy and hip fire and a much smaller clip. Why the hell is this thing even here?
None of the customization, outside of sights, has any affect on how your weapon performs.
SO many broken animations. Clips hovering into my gun, my soldier spinning around, other players T posing, tank canons spinning wildly, etc, etc. It would be kind to call this game rough around the edges. It's all edges right now.

As I've already said to a few people on DC: Keep in mind that their original timeline was to release this game in October. In its current state, it doesn't seem nearly ready.
Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Digz »

I know half of the guys here had and will have fun if they buy or pre-order EA BF games, me included. And also the money to say Meh! on the BS and keep buying anyways.

But if you really want to keep mmm "condescending" or feeling more quality foks with showing off
1 hour in ranked BF (total, like a year after launch, playing only unranked GC) while speaking to other GC members
As we prep to go in battle in 32 vs 32 (like past times), and keeping loyal to GC, Then,
You should punish EA the only way they know. Money. give it to someone else not them.
That's all we really can do about it.
Snoopnoop

Post by Snoopnoop »

Hey everyone! I was just poking my head in to see the feedback on BFV. I've been missing the awesome campaigns we had in the past. I'm most likely going to buy and play it with a friend when it releases and will wait to find out what happens with the community. :wave:
Di3for3v3r
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Di3for3v3r »

The foolish one dit play the game.
No problems, no errors everything went well from the first second after the installation.
I enjoyed it very much. Still hoping the servers Controlles will be back as it was.
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. What kills you let you respawn wherever you wanted to go

With kind regards
Di3for3v3r
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Had fun also on the beta.
Server control is the obvious issue for many generations of BF.

And not just having server commands, the server command interface actually working was another issue.
And then not crashing the server mid-round because of the server settings.
Which may be why they are not promising something they cant deliver. About time.