Frontline Server-Side Mod v0.92

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

gribble

Frontline Server-Side Mod v0.92

Post by gribble »

http://frontline.hungs.hu

another "supply line" mod made by a hungarian group
Frontline wrote: Capturing flags can be only achieved in a specific order on all maps. As it is a server-side only mod, the order of flags is only shown on the website of the mod: http://frontline.hungs.hu
Most of the time, We tried to make the maps flag order linear, but on some bigger (32, 64) maps we made some junctions too. With the help of a Domination alike mod a frontline can be made as its typical in real world battles, and hopefully this can raise the enjoyment of the game. Also its a benefit of this mod that map size doesnt matter. For exmaple a 64 player map can be also played by a few players, without dispersing too much.
Download mirror here (115mb)
Last edited by gribble on Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smacklug

Post by Smacklug »

Ugh, needs flags to be capped in order?

Bad idea.
PsycoGeek

Post by PsycoGeek »

Smacklug wrote:Ugh, needs flags to be capped in order?

Bad idea.
No... good idea. Keeps you from flag chasing (no more dealing with the stupid helo capping of flags either) and the action stays heavy and exciting. Plus you REALLY have to have a good commander to beat the other guys.
JtheSpaceC

Post by JtheSpaceC »

Sounds like a good idea. People can choose which style suits them better anyway. I'd say it'd be good for when you want to play a 64 player map with aircraft but you only have a dozen or so players. It's nice to have the option. I don't think it'd work very well though if it was 64 players on a 64 player map because everyone would be concentrated in the one spot and artillery kills would be HUGE!!!!!!
Like I said though, it's nice to have the option.
Windrider687

Post by Windrider687 »

lol...one artillery strike kills 32 people lol...that would be sweet.
You'd better hope you're faster than the wind...for I am what drives the bullet into your skull unaware.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
gribble

Post by gribble »

new update to the mod to version 0.92

Update: 2005.07.18. [BF2 1.2 patch and Dragon Valley bugfix]