Patch 1.2 movie trailer available!

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Redman

Post by Redman »

Holy Bat DooDoo!

The Chopper pilots are absolutely going to hate this patch! Ground pounders are going to have a field day shooting done choppers. :twisted:

Did anyone else notice how much more the A/T rocket moved when guided towards the target? If that is true then it will almost like having shoulder mounted Stingers except for the fact that they will still be useless against fast movers.

The UAV's look easy to shoot down. Looks like they placed the altitude for their placement a bit low making them too susceptible to small arms fire. :?

The G/L fix keeps looking better and better. Defintely a fixed time to arm and inpact fuse, no air bursts.

Right now it takes two C4's to blow a tank but the vid made it look like only one was needed. Maybe I have always missed the one pack toss onto the turret that is a one pack kill on a tank :? Not very conclusive on the vid how much is actually lost on the C4. Not unless they figured out a way so that its damage is lowered against infantry and stayed the same or was upped on non-infantry targets. The title of that segment did say nerfed C4? with the only question mark of the vid title.
ImageImageImage
CLICK HERE TO BECOME A VOTEABLE MEMBER
Camapign 4: Pirate Redman/NeutralImage
Campaign 3: Army General Redman/High CommandImage
Campaign 2 : Captain.Redman U.S./75th Ranger RegimentImage
Rickey

Post by Rickey »

If this patch actually does what it says it will, I might even play.

Pessimistically waiting....
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

well i guess the tank had been previously hit, cuz again u will prolly need to c4s to blow it...as everything else in the game. the turret actually is the strongest part of the tank...or maybe the second strongest as i think the part below it, is even stronger.
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

Booster Pack has been delayed. This probably also means we'll have to wait for days more for the new patch.

http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.ph ... sc&start=0
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
Mat-Moo
Executive
Executive

Post by Mat-Moo »

BAH I had it in stone that bf 1.2 would be out the same day! Maybe they will release that first, see if any silly bug then realse add on and another mini patch
## # /\/\at-/\/\oo # ## (AKA Mat-d-Rat)
My software
Free reminders by email
Guderian

Post by Guderian »

Rickey wrote:If this patch actually does what it says it will, I might even play.

Pessimistically waiting....
Redman

Post by Redman »

From EA:

EA wrote:Community Update - 1/31/06

Hello Battlefielder's

We have news to share with you in regards to the upcoming 1.2 update. We've decided to push the 1.2 update out a little longer than we had initially planned. We felt that it was important to delay the update and take care of some of the issues that have had the community concerned. This means that it will be released sometime in the next couple of weeks. This, unfortunately, means that the Euro Force booster pack will be delayed as well, since it relies on the update. Look for Euro Force to be released in the latter half of February now.

Also, another bit of news is that the new feature that allows players to pick up deployed mines with the G key is being held back. In the end, we felt it just wasn’t complete enough for public consumption. We at EA/DICE apologize to all of you who were eagerly awaiting this feature.

The following issues were addressed:
Being able to pass through walls using a spinning tank turret has been fixed. It has also been addressed on all rotating vehicle positions just to be safe.
The disappearance of tank projectiles and grenade launcher projectiles during online play has been improved and should occur less frequently.
The distance for throwing hand grenades, ammo packs, and health packs has been increased.
And finally - The Red/Blue nametag bug has been addressed.
Regarding the last point, what we have done is make the code more secure to try and prevent any cases where this bug may occur. Since the fix has been in place, we have had no reproduction of the bug in testing.

We’re excited about being able to release the 1.2 update very soon and hope you all are too.

Until next time, carry on soldier!
ImageImageImage
CLICK HERE TO BECOME A VOTEABLE MEMBER
Camapign 4: Pirate Redman/NeutralImage
Campaign 3: Army General Redman/High CommandImage
Campaign 2 : Captain.Redman U.S./75th Ranger RegimentImage
Mat-Moo
Executive
Executive

Post by Mat-Moo »

Also, another bit of news is that the new feature that allows players to pick up deployed mines with the G key is being held back. In the end, we felt it just wasn’t complete enough for public consumption. We at EA/DICE apologize to all of you who were eagerly awaiting this feature.
Sucks...
## # /\/\at-/\/\oo # ## (AKA Mat-d-Rat)
My software
Free reminders by email
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

Mat-d-rat wrote:

Sucks...
say that again!!!

EA/DICE i hope u read this"
"assHHHOOOOLLLEEEESSSS"
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM