EA: New Patch causes SF maps to crash

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Insolvenzverwalter

EA: New Patch causes SF maps to crash

Post by Insolvenzverwalter »

New patch, new problems. Check out the community update:

http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/ ... ate_021606

Hopefully those are the only maps affected! In addition there seems to be an AT bug which results in rockets passing through the target without any damage sometimes. :cry:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mat-Moo
Executive
Executive

Post by Mat-Moo »

Thanks (Moved)
Good Morning Troops,

Patch 1.2 is out and we hope you are all enjoying the changes. For the most part, the initial response from the community has been very positive. We’re pleased to be able to make your gameplay experience more pleasant.

The next big addition to Battlefield will be the Battlefield: Euro Force booster pack, which will be released on February 21st. In addition to the release of Euro Force, we are preparing an updated version of the editor for release at roughly the same time.

On a less pleasant note, there is an issue with 1.2 and some Special Forces maps. All variants of Leviathan and the 32 and 64 player variants of Night Flight have a crash bug. We have advised our ranked server providers to remove these maps from their map rotation until a resolution has been set in place. We will be able to provide more news in future updates. I stress, this is only an issue with the Special Forces expansion pack and nothing more.

There have been a few comments regarding AT rockets passing through targets. We have noted the issue and are working towards a solution.
## # /\/\at-/\/\oo # ## (AKA Mat-d-Rat)
My software
Free reminders by email

Post by Guest »

THose guys must have a tough job trying to code everything right.....

Maybe they need bigger paychecks??
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

Fruiting unbelievable, don't these noobs at least playtest every map once before they release a patch. Amateurs!

Thanks for letting us know. I would have cursed when any of these maps would have been the first I tried only to crash.
spesknight

Post by spesknight »

Very Good News :twisted:
My copy of SO was just shipped to my house, and now that I have it, many maps won't even work :evil:
StarLord

Post by StarLord »

Hum, well it my be a very random bug, cause I played SF maps for 2 hours without crashing. But in the end, yes, It crashed lol... I think EA is making post-testing is illegal for his developper... We might wanna stay on the 1.12 patch...
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result."
-Winston Churchill