Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

gribble

Post by gribble »

SiL3nT_BoB wrote:pls check this and sign the petition
i dont know if its true but it doesnt hurt

http://www.bf2.se/petition/

sm is trying to ruin the game.
no way, i honestly think this is a good change in the patch.
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

no more squad hoping a good change????

oh cmon gribble are u serious?????

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

and if thats the case...if its a server option...still its ok for u.

dont make the game a heaven for the pubbers pls!!!!
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM

Post by Guest »

I agree with the petition. The setting should at the very most be a server option. I guess gribble does not play in REAL tournaments with clans. It would make the game much more boring in my eyes. I have signed the petition and I have posted it in other clans forums. Thanks Bob.

Another Great idea to accompany the no squad jumping :roll: - There should be an invisible ring around each teams uncappable base that once a member of the other team steps within that ring they instantly catch on fire and die. If they do it again they are kicked off the server. I think Gribble would go for that one too. :twisted:
gribble

Post by gribble »

yeah, i don't play on tournament matches.. and i "know" that this behaviour is widely used.. but that doesn't mean i have no rights to "not like" it :-)

i am just no fan of that gameplay, simple as that. When it's not allowed you have to adjust and play another way, and imho i think i like the "new way" more. (it's more GC gameplay :) )
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

I've played a few CAL and TWL matches now, and I have to side with gribble on this one.

I laughed when I saw the petition - it's a change I want to see. Maybe it will stop all the random pubbies from joining into squads. Especially if you're flying in the bomber/chopper and some random pubbie jumps into your squad simply to get into the gunner seat, when you've already got someone else in the squad that should be going in there?

For tournament matches it will force teams to think and strategize more, while forcing more conserative squad leader play. On GC we won't notice, because no one is doing this squad cycling/jumping thing, right? :P
Hi!
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

Thx for the help X!!!!!! i agree with the idea of the invisible circle :D :D :D

Goggles....u can simply lock the squad ;)

plus...pubbers dont get in squads a lot.

it is said in the petition....the game will be slower. u make a push...the commander spots u...and u are dead..over and out!
this thing is not a bug...i cant understand why they do it. its like removing the commander or the jump option!!! its stupid as it is with not being able to shoot while jumping...lets just remove the jump button!!!! pffft :D
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
Leroy

Post by Leroy »

enough bh-er!!! :D
Losin' all your highs and lows, Ain't it funny how the feelin' goes away?
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

They can make all the mods and server options they want. Just dont make it mandatory.

But I'd rather they fixed all the bugs first especially the ones everyone has known about since the game came out.
Titi

Post by Titi »

Ash2Dust wrote:They can make all the mods and server options they want. Just dont make it mandatory.

But I'd rather they fixed all the bugs first especially the ones everyone has known about since the game came out.
Agreed. Options are good. Mandatory (less options) is not good.

and ... no kidding ... they should concentrate on fixing the bugs (EAfeatures) first. A bug is unwanted by all. Everyone agrees, there is no debate.

The other stuff is debatable and thus should be optionable.
gribble

Post by gribble »

http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/ ... ate_050906
Community Update - 5/09/06 wrote: Greetings Soldiers:

We at DICE and EA are aware of the concern surrounding the coming change to squad selection. We would like to take a moment to ease the feelings of tension related to this change.

Our goal is to refocus game play on team work, squad coordination and to also remove the spawning exploit used by some. In BF2 we introduced tools that would allow players to support one another as they battle for control points. To further enhance this aspect of game play squads were introduced to give players even more tools to coordinate their efforts and support each other.

Allowing squad mates to spawn on the squad leader was intended to provide an easy way for squads to stay together during chaotic battles. Unfortunately squad leaders have been used by some to launch team wide attacks on remote parts of maps with little thought to actual team unity beyond these maneuvers.

We believe this change will refocus the game play on team work and add more value to the roles of Squad Lead and Commander.

/The team at Dice and EA
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

I grudgingly paid (many months after available) the SF exp for the unlucks, but refuse to fun EA past that.

As for squad crap, EA will only do what makes them money. Its hard enough to get pubs to join a squad, now they'll make it harder for the tards. Bah. EA can suck my D@$%.

Bring on the mods and force EA to support the mods, then we'll see some real gameplay. But EA makes money off ranked servers so they'll cripple and slow mods.