Operation Peacekeeper v0.1D

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

gribble

Post by gribble »

I really like it, a few more maps and remove some of the bugs and it's a even-more-nice mod :)

- sometimes i constantly respawned after i died

- way to easy to do a teamkill when you try to drive over the bridge and try to pass a friendly vehicle that is there :-(

- don't know if there is a logic behind that, but sometimes i can't get out of a vehicle. Thought it has something to do with the vehicle driving, but also happenend when it stood still
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

I think not beeing able to parachute takes away tactics ( not the other way round ) but not a problem.

My main problems with this Beta were:

Sound bug. I heard the APC and other vehicles guns shooting no matter where they where as if i was right in the middle of it. If i got the time i'll try and check different sound settings and see if it happens again.

The APC is way overpowered. Two guys in it and it is the ubervehicle. I tried to get it down with AT rockets without much success, picked up a tank and same. The APC was always able to kill me faster. That might be realistic but it simply isn't fun to play imho.

The mod is still beta. We'll see where they go. I personally don't mind playing a campaign where we switch mods ( vanilla - sf - opk - ??? ) but a lot people probably will be annoyed by that because every flavor changes the gameplay in way that people that spent a lot time with it have a huge advantage over people that didn't have the time to play it all. So playing bf2 and ( sf ) allows people who only play once in a while to play with us without getting slaughtered and having to learn brand new kits, weapons, "best practices" etc.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
Dogma75

Post by Dogma75 »

good one...i got much fun with that one

Salam Alikum

PS: RogerRhino plz let this scientology crap...
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
sig made by Rob / thx bro
tiberian_rebel

Post by tiberian_rebel »

I liked it.
It's the best mod I have played (the other is reality, which sucks).
However it does need more mpas. Also, there was a bug on the bridge map where you spawned on the bridge, appeared in mid-air, and then fell to the ground.
"It is only one who is thoroughly acquainted with the evils of war that can thoroughly understand the profitable way of carrying it on." -Sun Tzu
KaLiMeRo

Post by KaLiMeRo »

well, dunno APC is much uber to much, in real those cans would not survive an frontal hit from the MTB no chances, so its not realistic in that way, even the speed is unrealistic fast, i have seen an M84 on the field in full speed & that was not like in game + the sound bug
BF1942
@4-Obschtz.KaLiMeRo|DAK
@5-Gefr.KaLiMeRo|SD
@7-Schtz.KaLiMeRo|KS
BF2
C3 SAS-PFC Image
C4 Commandos-PFC Image
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

now that I've played all of the maps I have noticed that the AT stuff is still slightly underpowered, I was just hitting the tank in its most deadly hitbox, right under the turret, and killed it in 2

also Ive noticed that the small trucks go as fast as the APC and that is right off. They can leave the APC that fast but if they want to do that make the trucks a lot faster too

finally on ambush there is that annoying bridge spawn glich that takes out a lot of health once you fall
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
gribble

Post by gribble »

new news about that mod .. http://www.opkmod.com/webmain/index.php ... n=news&a=1

info about new maps and ... fix for the soundbug ( that will make ph1l0r happy :) )

also there will be a 6on6 opk conquest cup hosted by some german website, have a look here (as i said, german website, so a lot of you won't uderstand a word :) )
MajorBurner

Post by MajorBurner »

sounds good
Campaign 2: Neutral Image / Campaign 3: Neutral Image
Campaign 4: SCUM / Colonel Image/ Campaign 5: HH / SCA Image
call me :x & :lol:
CLICK HERE TO BECOME A VOTEABLE MEMBER