POE2 Update with Download Link

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

ChickenSalad

Post by ChickenSalad »

Who cares about ranking, the mod rocks!

Man I love my RPG's. Looks good, sounds good, hurts plenty. :D Now I just need to find a way on how to make the me vs. tank k/d ratio turn to 10:1 ... from er 1:10 that it's now. :oops:
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

Yes, this mod has potentional, but I like the way OPK did rockets, they destroyed choppers in one shot, and tanks much more quickly.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

just one question...seeing as I dont do mods with zip files very often where do I unzip this flippin huge file I just dl'd? :?
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Charger

Post by Charger »

Unzip to your desktop. There'll be 2 files - a *.exe and a mappack.
Just run the .exe and it'll do all the work. After it's done, you can ditch those two big files or burn CD's of them.

I still don't get the Arty though. Is it stationary cannons like here or is it the rolling 2-man Howitzers, or both? Only squadmates can acquire targets for the Howitzers??? Can anybody get targets for commander, or just SL?
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

Artillery is just like it was in BF1942. There is a tank like vehicle (usually at the main base) that can fire over really long distances. Any assault or sniper (there may be others too) can use the binoculars to spot for the artillery and then they have to use the mobile phone type thing within 10 seconds to call for it. The guy in the artillery can then see where the artillery has been requested and start to fire on the target. A camera follows the artillery shells so that you can adjust your aim to hit the target.
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
Charger

Post by Charger »

8O Nice!
tiberian_rebel

Post by tiberian_rebel »

Finally, arty requires some kind of skill and cooperative teamwork again. :P
"It is only one who is thoroughly acquainted with the evils of war that can thoroughly understand the profitable way of carrying it on." -Sun Tzu
Von_Krieg
Executive
Executive

Post by Von_Krieg »

It seems like there is some issue with lag after a few maps are played. Has anyone else seen this?
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

Yup.
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

well now that I played this I can see what all the fuss is about...now for the new OPK...anyways longer sprint, awesome maps (especially fallen), faster ground vehicles and more of them, whats not to love?? I also liked the fact that the weapon models are so superior to those in vanilla. the VEPR or whatever the Ukraine assault kit main gun is has the most supreme weapon model I have seen for a long time :D . havent played as germany yet but I am starting to believe that they are slightly overpowered with the tiger and thier main tank moving faster :?
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
tiberian_rebel

Post by tiberian_rebel »

I have only had a chance to play 2 or 3 rounds, but every time Germany got rocked by Ukraine. I like this mod, especially the RPGs :twisted:
"It is only one who is thoroughly acquainted with the evils of war that can thoroughly understand the profitable way of carrying it on." -Sun Tzu
gribble

Post by gribble »

there is a news update on the Point of Existence Website

some nice info, like the POE Mapping resource thread

here is an overview of who installed the mod
damn, only the US beats Germany (But maybe a lot of the germans didn't join the GEIP :) ) I wonder there are so many japanese and chinese bf2 gamer

and they still searching for some new members