Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Mat-Moo
Executive
Executive

Community update 06/02/06

Post by Mat-Moo »

Attention Soldiers and Server Admins!

The teams here at DICE and at EA want to take a moment to acknowledge that we are aware of the issues that some are experiencing with the latest release.

We are continuing our work to review and find potential solutions to the problems affecting many players and server admins. We are also reviewing recent changes to servers and gameplay.

While we continue our work internally we want to remind everyone to keep using the EA forums to provide feedback. We review the comments in these and other forums regularly while we consider the direction of Battlefield.

We also want to assure to the mod community that we understand the difficulties you have worked through and we are continuing to look for ways to help everyone and find ways to promote all of the mods and their hard working teams.

As always keep your eyes to this space for all the latest Battlefield News.

Thank you,
/The team at Dice and EA
## # /\/\at-/\/\oo # ## (AKA Mat-d-Rat)
My software
Free reminders by email
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Typical EA press release for BF2...
"Yes, weve bollocked a patch (again), and were going to try to unbollock it. We suck at this. In the mean time, we will now acknowledge any SPECIFIC problems in the latest patch, or how were fixing them, just give vague commentary that we are on the problem. In reality the next patch will bollock things up even worse than the previous, just in different ways. We have your money and could care less."

They might as well say the above, as we all know thats what theyre thinking.
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!
tiberian_rebel

Post by tiberian_rebel »

I've got to think that this will come back and bite EA in the ass. Eventually people are going to be so fed up that all the servers will go back to running the original game. And that can't happen soon enough.
"It is only one who is thoroughly acquainted with the evils of war that can thoroughly understand the profitable way of carrying it on." -Sun Tzu
Dax_inside

Post by Dax_inside »

i think its just a clever plot by the developers of the patches to garrantee themselves more work.
IM 1337! Y0UR A N()()B!!!!!

C6 =ImageC5 =Image C4 =Image C3 = Image
tiberian_rebel

Post by tiberian_rebel »

And the sad thing thing is, no one (except us) cares enough to stop them.
"It is only one who is thoroughly acquainted with the evils of war that can thoroughly understand the profitable way of carrying it on." -Sun Tzu
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

The best part is do an in game search for "EA" almost all the official EA servers I saw are not running 1.30
tiberian_rebel

Post by tiberian_rebel »

If it was anyone else but EA...
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

The EA heads all know how to make as much money as possible while delivering as little as possible. Thats what they get paid millions to do.
Hashey

Post by Hashey »

WoodenPlank wrote:Typical EA press release for BF2...
"Yes, weve bollocked a patch (again), and were going to try to unbollock it. We suck at this. In the mean time, we will now acknowledge any SPECIFIC problems in the latest patch, or how were fixing them, just give vague commentary that we are on the problem. In reality the next patch will bollock things up even worse than the previous, just in different ways. We have your money and could care less."

They might as well say the above, as we all know thats what theyre thinking.

They sound like Blizzard for World of Warcraft. And im sure everyone who plays WoW knows these quotes:
"Working as intended."
"We are aware if this problem and are looking into it."
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

At least Blizzard (at least when I played) put out frequent patches that actually fixed bugs. Balancing is a different issue. Plus Blizzard actively kept adding new content for free. Now if you mention server lag on overloaded servers, I was never happy about that and wonder if thats ever really been address a year later.