[Planetside 2] Drunkenside Event Saturday SBT+2

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Re: [Planetside 2]

Post by Ash2Dust »

BushMaster wrote:Damn it, when I click on beta key give away it just loads the same page.
Same, and they took off the beta link the 2nd time I refreshed the page.
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

I have a PC Gamer key and I still don't have an invite. CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP
ImageImageImage
Henidhor
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Henidhor »

I got a key from a random drop (I'm not sure if it was a dev or a random person) in one of Higby's streams a couple of days ago, and then managed to grab one of the NVIDIA keys which gave me immediate beta access. k:Yahoo!: I'll update this when I finishing downloading the game... in 5 hours. :(
BF3:
C2: [K22S] Kinetic Influence - Senior Operative
C3: [PI3d] PRIDe - Lieutenant
C4: [G1S] Gladius - Sergeant
C5: [KYT] Kitten Adventure Rainbow Time - Private 1st Class
C6: [SIP] International Monetary Fund - Private
BF4
C1: [AD] Allied Forces - Private
Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Digz »

loved the inf batle part.

in space no1 can hear you scream, unless
its the battlecry of united states marine!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b1q-IlxGrk[/youtube]
Henidhor
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Henidhor »

Well the game certainly isn't finished yet. There's still a lot of fixing, balancing, and optimizing that needs to be done before launch, (obviously since it's beta) but I think it has potential.

On the bright side I seem to have an extra twitter key on me, which will give beta access in 1-2 weeks. Post in this thread if you want it, and in 24 hours I'll PM it to the most convincing case. Or if they're all good I'll randomly choose someone.
Last edited by Henidhor on Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BF3:
BF4
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

i registered a week ago for the beta, and after several days got a key.
i didn't like it so much. infatry fights are quake3 like style.
graphics arent impressive at all, but thats just on the note side. im not a graphics junkie.
maybe its because the game is still new, but the battles, attacks and tactics all seem pretty simple and straight forward (no tactics for tank battles, air or infantry).

i played it for a couple of days and got bored.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
LyreXeryL

Post by LyreXeryL »

Game looks like a lot of fun. Never played the first one, but watching some of the old vids as well as the new stuff, I can definitely see the potential. I signed up for a beta key, but If you wanna throw that one my way Henidhor, I wouldn't complain! :wink:
Undisparo

Post by Undisparo »

Played a little with Hen... seems like it could be fun. Still trying to understand it and all that. Def some bugs and some OP classes.
matty85

Post by matty85 »

StarfisherEcho wrote:I have a PC Gamer key and I still don't have an invite. CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP
you get your key in the second waves of keys coming out soon.
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

The more I hear about PS2, the more I'm turned off by it.
Infantry play is "meh."
Need to make entirely different accounts per-faction.
Apparently the fighting never ends, so I almost see no point in playing. :X
Undisparo

Post by Undisparo »

Fields wrote:The more I hear about PS2, the more I'm turned off by it.
Infantry play is "meh."
Need to make entirely different accounts per-faction.
Apparently the fighting never ends, so I almost see no point in playing. :X
Yeah... I have played some. I will DEF play more because I can't make a judgment of beta and only playing for a couple hours. It's not looking as cool as I thought it would though. Could be amazing if we had like 50 v 50 (organized) battling over a station though.
Henidhor
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Henidhor »

Fields wrote:The more I hear about PS2, the more I'm turned off by it.
Infantry play is "meh."
It's decent. Not quite Battlefield level, but I enjoy the variety of classes, asymmetrical balance, and longer time to kill. Though I wouldn't completely judge the game off of it's current beta state.
Fields wrote:Need to make entirely different accounts per-faction.
I believe they said one account per faction per server so it's harder to cheat, though in the current build it's not limited at all.
Fields wrote:Apparently the fighting never ends, so I almost see no point in playing. :X
It's called persistence. It's a war. Bases get captured, enemy forces get routed, areas are conquered, and the fighting often dies down in areas or moves somewhere else. It would be rather boring if the fighting ever stopped.

I played with a a432 and zorplex today and we had a fair amount of fun, though it would have been better with a full squad.
BF3:
BF4
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

Henidhor wrote: I believe they said one account per faction per server so it's harder to cheat, though in the current build it's not limited at all.
That's even worse. :/
Multiple accounts per server, NA for me & EU for playing with other people, and multiple accounts per server. If I want to be able to play each faction on just NA and EU servers, that's already 6 accounts I need to keep track of.
Henidhor wrote:It's called persistence. It's a war. Bases get captured, enemy forces get routed, areas are conquered, and the fighting often dies down in areas or moves somewhere else. It would be rather boring if the fighting ever stopped.

I played with a a432 and zorplex today and we had a fair amount of fun, though it would have been better with a full squad.
But that's my point, it just keeps going forever and nobody really wins. It's like if you played starcraft on a map that extended infinitely and had infinite resources and your opponents had a safe zone where they couldn't be defeated. What's the whole point of it all?
Snow1Wolf

Post by Snow1Wolf »

Arg...>_< I wish I have beta keys already....This and watch dogs are probably the only games I am looking forward to now.
For CAFFEINE!!!!!
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

What's the whole point of it all?
So philosophical, Fields. :P

We play the same maps in BF3 over and over again too.

There is no permanent victory, but once things get sufficiently organized you will have efforts to capture the entire world map. This was accomplished a few times during my playtime in PS1, and requires organizational efforts on the scale of GC * 1000, so even though it doesn't "END" the game, it is a huge accomplishment. Right now everyone is just fraking around, but eventually fraking around in big battles gets boring, so motivated people start to organize... and then you have the largest organized battles ever in an FPS.

Also, I'M IN BIOTHCES WHAT FACTION
ImageImageImage