[Planetside 2] Drunkenside Event Saturday SBT+2

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

ICallIDTheft

Re: [Planetside 2]

Post by ICallIDTheft »

Thanks Zapper everything worked, installing now. <3
fullmetaljacket9

Post by fullmetaljacket9 »

Does anyone know where I could get a beta key?
Warbond

Post by Warbond »

Hey guys, long time no see. Planetside 2 has pulled me in, and I know that this is the place to go when looking for professional (-ish) organization and skill.

Currently my friends and I (Bone Ranger, JWGager, and others) are playing as VS on US East 01, but we're all pretty low in Battle Rank, so I don't think we'd have any trouble changing to a different side and/or server. Does anybody have any sort of roster so that we can start to get organized? Maybe somebody could start one of those newfangled Google Docs things to get things going. Or that crazy battleday signup that always got spammed in chat.

Anyway, if anybody is on Vanu on US East 01, look me up, same name.
Henidhor
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Henidhor »

At this point it looks like East 02 is going to be the primary server although there are a couple of us on West 01.
BF3:
C2: [K22S] Kinetic Influence - Senior Operative
C3: [PI3d] PRIDe - Lieutenant
C4: [G1S] Gladius - Sergeant
C5: [KYT] Kitten Adventure Rainbow Time - Private 1st Class
C6: [SIP] International Monetary Fund - Private
BF4
C1: [AD] Allied Forces - Private
TCZapper
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by TCZapper »

Setting up a google doc form for who is playing would be a good idea. Don't know how though :S

I have NC and VS on East 02 that I never use, I am mostly VS on West 01 (BR11). At this point I'm unlikely to use other factions for more than just entertainment purposes. The TR tank is pathetic and I never liked the look of NC (colour and design, bleh), excluding their tank. The magrider with a saron for the gunner has to be the best thing in the world.

I don't know many others playing on West 01 though. AConfidentTurtle plays a bit, and I've squadded with some of the more vocal players on the server, but that's about it. I might switch to East 02 come character wipe, mostly because that seems to be the hub for the reddit outfit, which considering I don't want a proper outfit till release, fits my needs.

Edit: Why should you play PS2? Because people actually give you ammo/heal you. Hold Q on a guy and it brings up stuff to interact with them (send message/add as friend/request ammo). I swear, I've never had someone not do what I asked when using that feature.
Warbond

Post by Warbond »

Several of us have ended up on US East 02 as NC. No outfit yet, though. I saw 20 or so people on the Reddit Teamspeak server earlier tonight, but they're all VS. Honestly, I don't care where we end up (and I do foresee some character wipes in the future), but let's settle on *at least* the faction that we want to do, regardless of other decisions.

So, if there's no character wipe, I say we continue with NC on East 02. If there *is* a character wipe, let's go with whatever Reddit is doing, just so we can have a larger player base.

By the way, you can look up my US East 02 Spanish-flavored counterpart "Warbondo" if you want to squad up sometime.
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

Characters were wiped and the server names changed in the latest patch.
At this time, 'Themisto (East)' seemed to be the most balanced East Coast server, so we should all go there.

Some people mentioned that they wanted to play w/ all the redditors, but i couldn't find anything on r/Planetside on the new servers yet.

Also, we could consider switching factions up a bit while the beta is still running.
I'm for Terran :D
LCourage
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LCourage »

No invite yet
Tunnel Snakes rule!
Henidhor
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Henidhor »

While I was a little bit underwhelmed in the beginning of the beta (to be expected, I suppose), I played a little bit the other night and the game feels overall a lot better, especially Amerish!

Also, I have two extra keys. Post or PM me if you're interested.
BF3:
BF4
wizekraker
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Planetside 2

Post by wizekraker »

Fields wrote:It looks alot like BF3 to me, but in space with even larger battles. I'll probably give it a try depending on how many people I know are playing it. Any info on when it might release?
November 20.
Henidhor
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Henidhor »

Game launches tomorrow - we should play together (since Black Ops isn't happening), though be sure to uninstall the beta and start the download in the morning as it is fairly sizable and there is no pre-loading.

Earliest I can start is SBT+6 but hopefully we'll have people online throughout the day.

Server-wise, I suggest Mattherson. It is on the US East Coast so everyone in Europe or the Americas should be able to make it. It is also where the reddit outfit is going which I probably will roll with if there aren't any GC folks playing.

Faction-wise, I'm going to be part of the glorious Vanu Sovereignty and if you want to be the sexiest awesomeist lazeryist purplist faction I recommend you do the same. Or you can be a Nazi elmo or a corporate slave smurf. Your choice.
BF3:
BF4
zorplex
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by zorplex »

I just stopped by to see which server/faction we were going with. Since there are no alternatives, Vanu on Matherson it is. We'll see how it goes. Vanu seemed to be the least popular in the beta, so perhaps having the primary Reddit group on there, it will keep the server balanced. I've played with some of them during the beta, and most of them are pretty level headed. PS2 definitely benefits from having large organized groups, so I'll keep my main there for the time being.

See you on Auraxis!
Get a free Planetside 2 starter pack! Shameless PS2 recruitment link!
BF3C2-L • Hitcorp • Staff Sergeant ~§~ BF3C3-L • PRIDe • Captain ~§~ BF3C4-L • Gladius • Captain BF3C5-W • Legion of Doom • Captain Image
BF3C6-L • UNSC • PFC ~§~ BF4C1-L • Allies • PRVT ~§~ BF4C2-W • 9th MEU • P2C
BF4C3 • Corleone Family • HCImage
BF4C4 • SAD JANUS • HC
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

Everyone from GC i've been playing with lately has been playing Terran; I would also be fine with NC, but Vanu is a nogo. I say we make a poll. I can do that later, but i'm on my phone right now.
Henidhor
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Henidhor »

KoffeinFlummi wrote:Everyone from GC i've been playing with lately has been playing Terran; I would also be fine with NC, but Vanu is a nogo. I say we make a poll. I can do that later, but i'm on my phone right now.
Lies. Nothing but fascist propaganda. Just because he brain-washed a few people doesn't mean all of GC is Terran. The folks I've played with have all been Vanu.
BF3:
BF4
TCZapper
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by TCZapper »

Well, I'm gonna be VS on Mattherson since I intend to join an outfit. Most likely GotR.

We could always do something else on US East - Waterson? If we do a poll, it might be good to include region (if it's all US guys wanting say NC, then they can go play alone on a US West server).