[Civilization V] Boys.. Perhaps a match

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Civilization V] Thread

Post by haruky »

With the campaign coming to an end, I propose a Civilization V day.

Not sure what day this will work at but expect it to take up an entire Saturday (or two). I'll try to free up my usually busy Saturday schedule and spend some quality time with you guys. I miss you all too much these days.

Anyway, for the sake of playing smooth, it will only be NA players playing with NA players. EU players playing with EU players.

Each game will have a maximum of 6 players so the game doesn't freak out. If there are only 4, time will be standard mode. If 6, it will be put on quick.

Lastly, GODS AND KINGS ONLY!!!
Image[/url]
V_

Post by V_ »

I can try. I haven't played Civ V is a long time cuz it's so buggy, and I don't have Gods&Kings, but it can't be that expensive, right? Anyway, assuming my Saturdays stay clear, count me in!
BF3 C2: KI - Sgt | C3: Pride - Sgt | C4: Gladius - Sgt | C5: KART - Col | C6: UNSC - Col
RS2:V C1: A1 - Ofc | C2: SLOTH - HC
Snow1Wolf

Post by Snow1Wolf »

My final is over by tonight at 11:59PM. I WILL JOIN...
k:
For CAFFEINE!!!!!
Dragon2796

Post by Dragon2796 »

If there are any EU guys out there, I'll be happy to join in :) (Although I've never played multiplayer :oops: It can't be that hard, can it? :D )
Henidhor
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Henidhor »

I'll still be gone, at least for the main part of Saturday, for the next two three weeks at a minimum.
BF3:
C2: [K22S] Kinetic Influence - Senior Operative
C3: [PI3d] PRIDe - Lieutenant
C4: [G1S] Gladius - Sergeant
C5: [KYT] Kitten Adventure Rainbow Time - Private 1st Class
C6: [SIP] International Monetary Fund - Private
BF4
C1: [AD] Allied Forces - Private
Gardalop
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Gardalop »

I am all in on this one.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Civilization V] Thread - ON SALE! BUY THE DLCS!

Post by haruky »

Guys! The Civ collection is on sale.

If you haven't picked up the extra civs like Babylons and Korea, pick them up! They're cheap!

Also, I HIGHLY, STRONGLY recommend that you purchase the Ancient Wonders DLC.
Image[/url]
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

any EU guys wanna get together and play this game?

EU+NA doesn't work in this game because of high pings and delays.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
Dragon2796

Post by Dragon2796 »

Hitman47 wrote:any EU guys wanna get together and play this game?

EU+NA doesn't work in this game because of high pings and delays.
I'm in. When would this be happening?
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

is today at SBT ok for you? :D
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
Chemical2
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Chemical2 »

Damn got a bbq tonight... conspiracy
''Be polite, be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.'' The sniper
BF3
C2: Staff Sergeant - Hitcorp
C3: 1st Lieutenant - Dark army
C4: 1st Lieutenant - Starfishers coffee initiative
C5: PFC - Legion of Doom
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

dammit! Can you guise maybe make next Friday SBT?
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

I would love to join you guys but I am a poor unemployed American student who had to take a ton of loans just to ensure he could go to college and thusly can not afford to get the expansions.

During training in the Navy, Civ IV was the bane of my sleeping needs. One weekend off me and my room mate played a marathon speed huge map effectively for 60+ hours straight. Ended up as the only two nations on the map built up such a nuclear arsenal that after an hour of launching every single nuke we had our planet reduced to nothing but desert and our populations basically reset back to 1. It was intense.

I was disappointed in V when they didn't include religion or many of the basic game mechanics from IV off the bat. Still felt slighted when G&K came out as I felt that was stuff that should have already been in it so never bought it when I did have the money.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Wi1D_K4rD wrote:I would love to join you guys but I am a poor unemployed American student who had to take a ton of loans just to ensure he could go to college and thusly can not afford to get the expansions.

During training in the Navy, Civ IV was the bane of my sleeping needs. One weekend off me and my room mate played a marathon speed huge map effectively for 60+ hours straight. Ended up as the only two nations on the map built up such a nuclear arsenal that after an hour of launching every single nuke we had our planet reduced to nothing but desert and our populations basically reset back to 1. It was intense.

I was disappointed in V when they didn't include religion or many of the basic game mechanics from IV off the bat. Still felt slighted when G&K came out as I felt that was stuff that should have already been in it so never bought it when I did have the money.
Wait, so you have vanilla but no G&K??
Image[/url]
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

haruky wrote:
Wi1D_K4rD wrote:I would love to join you guys but I am a poor unemployed American student who had to take a ton of loans just to ensure he could go to college and thusly can not afford to get the expansions.

Wait, so you have vanilla but no G&K??
Yup. :(