[Star Citizen] - Spaceships in space est. 2012.

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Re: [Star Citizen] - Arena Commander and Hangar Patch Releas

Post by Calloutman »

I have to play at 1600x900 at lowest settings and I just about get 35fps. I need a new card.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

Dat cutlass commercial made me smile!

Looking forwards to this next year. Also everyone has access to all ships in AC this week, the hornet is a beast!!!
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
CekiHappy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CekiHappy »

Dude, I tried the 350r in Free Roam, went flying into the space station before I thought to slow down, it's absurdly fast. I think it's definitely gonna be good in combat against larger ships cause of its hit and run potential (i'm assuming that's gonna be viable in game, but we'll find out). Also, the voice acting in the Town Center preview was very solid and just felt "right", and I know it was just a placeholder done by Ben lesnick, and that just impresses me even more.
CekiHappy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CekiHappy »

Here's a Twitch link to Citizen Con 2014 vod of 2 days ago
For those of you that haven't been keeping up with the Development in the past ~1 year, this showing of theirs pretty much covers everything from the beginning to now. It's pretty long though, 2 hours 20 minutes, but I recommend watching the first 30 minutes fer sure.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

325a now available to fly in arena commander
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

I'll be playing some AC tonight at about SBT!
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

Just sold my Avenger LTI on /r/starcitizen_trades for $140, $130 taking into account PP fees. Almost felt like stealing considering I paid $60 for it lol. People's obsession with LTI is silly.

Needed the money and was also unhappy with having two ships, I want something to work towards in game. I also melted my cutlass and got a hornet!
CekiHappy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CekiHappy »

Ya, I feel the same about wanting something to work towards ingame.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

they made some more changes to the hangar module from the last time I loaded it up (which was admittedly a couple weeks ago):

If you go to your hangar page on the website, there's now a button underneath your currently selected (more on this later) hangar that says "configuration." No ships will load in your hangar unless you tell them to via this button on the website. You now can tell the hangar module what ships you want to load in and select which hangar you want to be in!

On the configuration page, at the top you can select which hangar (of the ones you own I think) you want to see when you load up the game. I can get all of them right now, although I'm not sure why because I never technically owned the old deluxe hangar. It might be you can just use all of them, someone else who only has a ship or 2 and didn't have some of the other ones test it out. They've also renamed all of the hangars:
-old basic hangar is now replaced by the "Selfland Hangar"
-old business hangar is now replaced by the "Aeroview Hangar"
-old deluxe hangar is now replaced by the "Revel and York Hangar"
-old asteroid hangar is now the "VFG Industrial Hangar"

It looks like they changed a lot in the hangars from the last time I saw them, except for the asteroid hangar, which is the same as I remember it:
-The Selfland Hangar looks brighter and less like the back room garage than the old basic hangar did from what I remember. I never really got to play around in the old basic hangar, so someone else might be able to see more differences. Given what the other hangars look like though, I'm guessing it's much more different than I'm leading on. EDIT: This hangar also has the voiceovers described below.
-The Aeroview Hangar is less "white" everywhere than the old business hangar, but similar in design with a new color scheme, plus has some voiceovers that make it feel like it's a real starport, saying things like "refueling needed in hangar 3" and stuff like that. There's more catwalks and elevators as well, and you start on the other side of the hangar than what you used to.
-The Revel and York Hangar is completely different from the old deluxe hangar. It's very similar to the Aeroview, with the stardock voiceovers and whatnot, but it's more sectioned off than Aeroview and has more luxury stuff like hardwood floors in some areas. Not as nice as the old deluxe hangar imo, but it's both brighter and imo nicer than the Aeroview.
-The VFG Industrial Hangar is about the same as I remember the old asteroid hangar, I couldn't spot any differences.
-While I haven't really looked for it, I didn't see the gun chair thing anywhere. They also removed the jumps and crate stacks for the buggy :cry:, but it's definitely more optimized to run better since there's less stuff loading in the hangars now.

Also now, no ships load in by default. You can no longer see the trainer ships from arena commander, and each hangar has a landing bay configuration. Your ships are listed on the left side of the configuration screen, and the bays are on the right. You can drag and drop ships into each landing bay up to the size limit for each landing bay, which is listed in the top right above each bay with the letters S, M, and L (small, medium, large). Each ship has a corresponding size letter in its tile as well. Also related, it looks like they changed the color scheme on the 325a so it's mostly white instead of black now, which I'm not a huge fan of. I loved the old color scheme :(.

There's no way to do this in game, you have to do it from the website, save the configuration, and then reload the client to see any of this. But imo with the exception of the removal of the old deluxe hangar (which despite being a bit dark I liked), all of them are a lot nicer than what they used to be.

Might play around with making some more vids again to show off some of the new hangars this weekend if I have some time to do so.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

So... that FPS demo is looking really really cool. Reminds me of the GC days of RUST where each death was pretty permanent and meant a LOT more than your average death on a FPS game. Boy, I'm excited to get my heart pumping with every encounter.
Image[/url]
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

I watched until they were about to turn on Zero-G (or turn off G) but just couldn't take it anymore.

The entire thing was like watching a bunch of wannabe-MLG guys who were awful at actually playing the game saying stupid crap:

"We have a tight hallway, so instead of rolling T, let's go ahead on a serpentine formation"

"Heads on a swivel gentlemen!" (expected to see freelook here, no.)

"Clear the fatal funnel!"

If they didn't have that one guy spouting BS and showing actually good player's I'd have been a bit more excited. From what I saw of the video though, there was truly nothing that amazing shown. For now it looks like Generic-Mediocre-FPS. With Zero-G they might get Generic-Mediocre-FPS-With-Interesting-Feature.

At the same time though, it's still early days. I've saw what they plan on having and I'm quite excited for the end product.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Gwynzer wrote:I watched until they were about to turn on Zero-G (or turn off G) but just couldn't take it anymore.

The entire thing was like watching a bunch of wannabe-MLG guys who were awful at actually playing the game saying stupid crap:

"We have a tight hallway, so instead of rolling T, let's go ahead on a serpentine formation"

"Heads on a swivel gentlemen!" (expected to see freelook here, no.)

"Clear the fatal funnel!"

If they didn't have that one guy spouting BS and showing actually good player's I'd have been a bit more excited. From what I saw of the video though, there was truly nothing that amazing shown. For now it looks like Generic-Mediocre-FPS. With Zero-G they might get Generic-Mediocre-FPS-With-Interesting-Feature.

At the same time though, it's still early days. I've saw what they plan on having and I'm quite excited for the end product.
In regards to the "MLG" speak, almost EVERY game reveal has this type of speak. It annoys me too. I focused on the actual gameplay and that has me real excited. Yay!
Image[/url]
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

Yeah, the chatter was pretty cringeworthy. Apart from that it looked pretty sweet! The graphics look pretty awesome too!
Condor

Post by Condor »

If you can recall the BF4 reveal back at E3, it was so scripted it hurt. But, if the game play looks like what they have actually shown it will be pretty interesting.