[Rust] The Horde Sleeps

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Rust] A REVIVAL BEGINS.

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

Will have to reinstall but I'm down for playing again.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

I won't be available this Saturday, but might have some time on Sunday.

Shall we all get together once again on Sunday at SBT?
Image[/url]
DiscoSoup
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by DiscoSoup »

I'm up for playing again.
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

haruky wrote:I won't be available this Saturday, but might have some time on Sunday.

Shall we all get together once again on Sunday at SBT?

Sounds good to me.
CountBelasarius
Executive
Executive

Post by CountBelasarius »

I just hopped back on yesterday - it's amazing how much is different.

I'm setting up on a lower-pop server at the moment to get some experience with the new version: 2Rusty/Active Admins/Wiped 5/21

And there really is an active admin! I'll post some more thoughts later.
lC8l - GL*FSG
lC9l - WY*COL
lC10l - GE=EMP
lC11l - 11BCPT
lC12l - AH*BRG
lC13l - CU-SGT
BF3 C1 - [WH2]
BF3 C2 - [TA]
BF3 C3 - [TA]
BF3 C4 - [TA]
BF3 C5 - [TA]
BF3 C6 - [TA]
BF4:C1 [☭] Komandir
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Rust] A REVIVAL BEGINS. 5/24 @SBT

Post by haruky »

Just about an hour left! Who's all going to be there??
Image[/url]
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

I just joined Rustopia. I've heard really crazy cool things about this server and thought I'd try it out. I'm on TS.
Image[/url]
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Yesterday was an interesting day. Please excuse the poor writing. I didn't bother to proof read or think anything through.

The start is a lot more difficult than it was before. Cloth is more important than ever. Now I'm waiting for my metal fragments to finish so here are my adventures. I'm praying that no one shows up like they did earlier...

When we started off, me and Wild Kard ran around trying to find some stuff on the server of Rustopia. Eventually, we figured out that Rusttopia resets every few days or so due to the amount of people on the server. So we jumped ship to US WEST INFO.

Actually, at that point Seraphim had joined.

we ran around the coast for a while and made it to Radtown 2. Unfortunately, there were a couple of KoSers there that had set up camp. These KoSers will turn out to be our worst enemies. We told them that we don't want no trouble, and they kept on killing us. Eventually, we found a half-used base that seemed to be abandoned. We decided to take over the cupboard and make it ours. We started to grow out. Get resources, and a load of other things. And then.... All our progress became shunted. They found us again. Killed us. And took the base over along with all our resources all while taunting me and Seraphim. Their names are listed below:

Furious Hardware
ritzy
O. G Matt
Kain

If you see them, make them miserable. I also know the location of the base and will be pointing out their location once everyone is situated. (They're near the southern radtown).

Later that night, Duke and Squid jumped onboard. I was gone by then, eating dinner. Duke and Squid managed to set up camp but got raided when someone stood outside the door waiting for Duke to come out. Unfortunately, that base is now gone too. Upon this, Duke left the game for the night.

I stayed on with Squid and decided to spend a couple hours farming for blueprints. What did I find?

C4 Blueprint. Yes. That's right. On day one, the heavens decided to bless me with a C4 blueprint for all my troubles.

Later, I managed to find even a bolt action rifle which I have hidden away in the bushes so that I can research it.

Now, for the most intense and interesting play of the night. Remember those two KOSer's I talked about? Well, they had apparently set up some sort of alliance with another group across the river. as I was gathering resources and roaming about, I noticed my Nemesis group heading out in full gear across the water. And then, I heard gunfire. Lots of gunfire. So I ran over there being an opportunist in the hopes of finding a gun. I climbed the first layer of their wall and was immediately shot down. But I managed to listen in while I was dead. They were saying things like "I can't believe you guys betrayed us. I thought we had an agreement" etc etc. So now I know they have a feud.

I spawned in my sleeping bag again and kept hearing gunfire. At this point, other random nakeds joined in trying to scavenge the battlefield. I managed to sneak into the first layer of the wall via a ladder which is where most of the bodies were. Oh boy... I found 2 assault rifles, body armor, clothes, and other misc goods. But to my horror, I realized I couldn't get out... The ladder was on the other side of the wall. Now I was stuck with 5 or so other hostiles, crouching, praying I don't get caught. At this point, I think that the defenders won the battle. The voices went away and I kept listening for the direction of the footprints. As the gunfire and footprints subsided, I looked around for a way to get out. There must've had to be one... As I crouch walked to every corner of the base, I found a small entrance. Just enough so that if you crouch, you can make it through.

In my happiness, I tried to get out as soon as possible. Arms heavy. Knees weak. Mom's spaghetti.

And I got out! I ran away from that base as fast as I could. With my two assault rifles in tow, my armor, and other goods I found, I managed to cross the water. And then, I died.

I forgot to keep track of how cold my character was and my health kept going down... So I spawned back. Tried to find my body, but... it had already been scavenged. I lost all those rifles. Sigh...

I decided to call it quits that night.

And now, I logged back in this morning and went back to the base to see if there was anything left. The base was totally raided. Everything is gone. it seems that the attackers, or someone else, managed to break in and steal all the goods. And now, I'm using it as a temporary home to build metal fragments to research my gun. I've already been killed once while I was in here, now i hope no one else shows up.

Ah yes. It's back. Rust is back, baby.
Image[/url]
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Rust] The Second Night.

Post by haruky »

Lots of things happened last night.

I just got home from a work function so I'm pretty pooped. I'll write a fully detailed report tomorrow.

To make long story short, yes, ritzy and crew raided our old base and stole everything, destroyed all the sleeping bags, etc.

Also, the new base that was created was a disaster. We lost most of our gear and equipment and will most likely have to start fresh again.

Again, I'll write something more detailed tomorrow, but just know that the progress we made was in vain. Good news is, the server is going to go through a full wipe on this Thursday so not much was lost and we'll get to start fresh again this coming weekend. We also learned some good lessons in the new Rust. I'm glad we got a chance to play this weekend. Let's hope that with the wipe, we'll get to where we once were again.
Image[/url]
Hashey

Post by Hashey »

We should just have everyone online at the same point so we have a team for gathering and one for building/upgrading. Cause if we can get a lot of resources fast, we can go up to full armored.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Alright everyone! I've updated the main page with the players that we now have.

Here's the rundown of what went down yesterday.

TL;DR: We got raided by ritzy's crew in our old base. The new base was fubar and was also raided. We lost everything we had in both bases. We need to build true rock bases and have better organization. With wipe happening this Thursday, let's try and get everyone on and running on May 30th at SBT. We can rebuild and reclaim our former glory!

Edit: Wipe isn't happening this Thursday. Garry just posted that it's going to happen on June 4th. Not the 28th. This sort of changes things. I guess we could continue to play as usual and we'll use this time for learning to build the best raid-proof base. I'll be on tonight to try and get our bearings again. Please feel free to join me! We've now got about 1.5 weeks of playtime on this server before the wipe.

Now, the story. Beware, it is long. I didn't proofread as usual. Please excuse my poor writing.

We managed to get a big group like we used to once have. There were a good 10ish people playing all at once. Because of our sheer size, we manged to get lots of resources in about 3-4 hours. By a lot, I really do mean a lot. We had THOUSANDS of metal ores. THOUSANDS of metal fragments and other goodies. During this time, I was not playing along with the group. Instead, I spent most of my time trying to gather resources for Blueprints. I managed to research the Thompson along with the Assault Rifle, so we got that going for us.

Now, with this large group, we grew fast. Our base near Radtown 2 went up pretty quickly, but this base was meant to be only temporary. A small base to help everyone get situated. We were never meant to stay there, but the base got a bit out of control. It grew big. It grew big enough to look like a nice target to hit. And unfortunately for us, we were very close to Ritzy's crew. Ritzy's crew (Furious Hardware/OG Matt, and some others) are extremely persistent and extremely vile. They made our Rust life miserable for me and Seraphim when we were playing earlier. This is exactly the reason the base was meant to be temporary. Knew they'd find a way inside.

Upon this realization, we decided to move. Hashey, Gonzo, and Reactor took some equipment and some resources and traversed north. Near C12. Upon finding a decent location, they began to build while Duke looked after our base.

When it was time to move all of our gear, we packed up, grabbed our guns and resources, and the four of us moved north. Our migration went without a hitch and we got to the base without any casualties.

The base we chose was next to a rock. We managed to get a floor going and built closely by the rock. Unfortunately.. This was not a good thing. The base design was flawed and it basically prevented us from having a house that's really difficult to raid. I will explain this in the next part.

At this point, it was getting late. It was nearly 3 AM where Hashey and Gonzo were. And I had to run out for a dinner event. Gonzo and I tried nearly everything to prevent getting raided. This base was really unsecure and could've been entered in via ladders without any trouble. so we packed up what we could, and made our way to the top of a rock, hoping we wouldn't get seen, we logged off for the night.

I woke up this morning, hoping that nothing bad had happened. This was not the case.

Both bases were raided. Our bodies on top of the rock were completely looted as well. As I said, Ritzy's crew probably came in full force to take everything we had while everyone was sleeping. They even destroyed all the sleeping bags in the old base.

Now, what can we do moving forward?

More organization and teamwork. We need a building plan from the get-go. Like Hashey was saying in his post. We need a team of gatherers. BUT, it is my opinion, that we do not need a team of base-builders. It's better to leave that to a couple of people so that organizationally, it's more coherent and easier to work with. Now, I kept mentioning on building "rock" while we were all playing. What is a rock base? Basically, it's a base that's built on top of a rock. There needs to be no other structures near this rock. Only the rock base itself should be there. How do we get on this rock base from the bottom? The "Foundation and Block Elevator". You place a foundation down, then select the piece called "Block". Now, while standing on the foundation, you build a Block on top of it. Your character should clip through it. Now jump. When you're on top of the block, build another block. Jump, build another block, jump. And do this till you get to the top. You have now gotten into your rock base with ease. When you're at the top, make sure to knock it down. With the rockbase established, we would need a cupboard that prevents enemies from building foundation and getting up the same way we do.

The only danger now would be from ladders and raiding towers. (Where people build a foundation far away and rise rise rise and build floors all the way across. Like a scaffolding.

Ladders can be prevented by having "ribs" that come out of the base.

In any case, we need to start fresh again. Luckily for us, every server will be resetting this week due to a new update. At least that's what the rumors are saying.

We managed to do a lot within a few hours. I'm sure we can easily get our base up and running again.

Now, we just need a way for everyone to get together. This is going to be hard since we're going into the weekday, so maybe we take a break until the wipe. If and when the wipe happens, we should all try to get on at SBT on May 30th.

I'm going to try to play an hour or so tonight so that we can get started. If anyone else wants to get started, you're more than welcome to do so! I'll be on around 6:30pm PST.

Anyway, it's good to get the team back together!
Image[/url]
Hashey

Re: [Rust] The Second Night. [Everyone join on May 30th @SBT

Post by Hashey »

I won't be there on the 30th. Have a festival I have to work at so I'll probably be home after 02:00/03:00. Usually pretty tired by then, so might head straight to bed or just jump on to check on how it's going.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Want a report for the night?

Image[/url]
Hashey

Post by Hashey »

So a buddy linked me a video from a raid. This base that's being raided is gorgeous. The loot room is especially OCD-friendly.

phpBB [video]
Gonzo
Executive
Executive

Post by Gonzo »

haruky wrote:Want a report for the night?
The f*ck?